Update she had them at 140 days! Triplets. Pics added!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Mar 23, 2009.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hey everyone, Im a little worried. Celia is only on day 139 and she is acting so funny. It started yesterday evening, she started making alot of racket. Baaing alot and nibbling at her sides. She is pretty puffy in the back end. I seen some white discharge two days ago and just some slime yesterday. But she almost looks like she is dilating if that makes any sense. I kept checking on her last night but nothing. Then she wouldnt sleep with her friend last night and made a nest on the other side of the pen from her friend. She is right back to making tons of noise everytime she sees anyone. Her bag looks like it has grown over night. Would the babies live if they where born this soon. I ask the breeder if she could have been bred sooner and she says no. So I dont know what to think. Thanks for any advice I get.

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Re: Only on day 139 and she is acting funny.

I would guess she is just getting really uncomfortable, and Im willing to bet the discharge you saw was her plug. She really isn't that far away from her safe date. Have you felt for her ligs? We have does that starting acting that way a good week or so before they kid. Unforunatly, there is also no real way to tell a doe is dilating from the outside- they all get really puffy back there when they get close to kidding.
    I know people that have had does deliver as early as day 142 with no problems- I bet she hangs on a little bit longer for you :pray:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

once she is at 140 she is in the safe zone. I think she is just getting ready. I have seen goats do this and wait days to kid

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree with the others.....the kids may be pushing on her inside and making her feel uncomfortable......some diolate(stretch) in the vulva area early......It's when she actually gets serious and starts labor ...pushes ... is when you should worry.....she is pretty close now to the safe zone...but I pray she holds on a little bit longer.... :hug:

5. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Im afraid she not going to. Im so scared, I just went down to check on her and there is a string of goo hanging out, and she is panting like a dog. She is really crying for me to be with her. I havnt seen any pushing, but I thought I seen her having contractions last night. I just want everything to be ok. I will be so sad if I lose her or her babies. Thanks

6. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

No she looks like she has dropped. Im not sure about the posty look. When I wrapp my fingers around her tailhead it feels hollow. She was bred on Nov. 4, 2008 and thats it. I talked to the breeder on the phone, and she said she didnt know what to say. That it did sound like that is what is happening. Here is a pics I just took of her, what do you think. Could it just be her plug she is losing? But she is acting alot different. Thanks

7. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Not sure what happened there why my post is up above your guys. But please check out pics and let me know what you think. Thanks

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well first off what was day of breeding? was seh with the buck for more then one day? I would be sure to ask specific questions like that and let her know she is kidding possibly early.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Is she still high up on her sides?

has she lost her ligs?

Is she posty?

10. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

She just keeps crying and making alot of noise. If I pen her up she goes crazy, but then she is out just wondering around crying. These would be my first registered kids and Im worried. Thanks for your help.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

have you checked for ligaments?

12. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Im not sure what im feeling for. But when i put my fingers around her tail, it seems really hollow. It seems like they go around her tail.

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I would say that she is getting really close, but i think you have a few more days at least. Make sure that she eats and is drinking.

If you say she is on day 139, then give her a few more days and I bet she kids, if not she will just drive you :hair:like the rest of us. I think she will be fine.

14. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Sounds about like my lamancha, she was whiney and miserable though she wasn't big at all. So I think she's just annoying you to annoy you. Hope she hangs on a few more days and then kids. She looked fine to me in the pics, not too ready yet and the discharge is normal.

15. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She will likely be delivering closer to the end of the week, though I have had Tilly deliver on 142 and 143 with healthy kids.

Shes getting uncomfortable and her nesting and calling is normal for a oe this close to delivery, the discharge is normal as well, it's when you see a rope of slime it means that her water broke and she'll get right to pushing those babies out, I would still be checking her often, just in case but I think she is getting as anxious as you are.

BTW...I know how you feel about getting your first registerable kids....my doeling arrived a week ago and I'm still ecstatic over her!

16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree with the others...keep a eye on her ....that discharge is normal....hope she waits a while longer... :pray: :hug:

17. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Thanks so much for all your help. She is getting up and pawing at the ground and then laying back down, then doing it all over again. I think she is going to drive me me nuts. Thanks so much.

18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

She has just read the does code of honor a few too many times.

I will pray she has an easy delivery for you with healthy kids. :girl: :girl: :pray:

19. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Hows she doing? Hanging in there?
    Today is 140 - woohoo!

20. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia

I gotta say I'm worried.

That discharge looks alot like kidding goop to me.

I would be watching her like a hawk because from what you've said I have a feeling she might be kidding.

It is possible that the kids will survive tho. Our premmie last year was 3 and a half weeks early. Her triplet sisters didnt live though, so I think there's a lot of luck involved when they are so early.

Also, it never hurts to gently insert one finger, you can tell whether the cervix is still plugged, unplugged but tight, or unplugged and dilated.