Updated Photos of Spirit's Kid (Gypsy). :)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by firelight27, Jul 16, 2009.

1. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Gypsy (I know I was thinking Twilight, but I like the reg. name Gypsy Rose so...) is now a little over two weeks old. She is a doll! Very loving and she follows you around like a shadow. Not the freaky basket-case her mother is at all. She is grade, but I thought I'd register her (and mom) in the IDGR and the NMGA just for tracking parentage, etc. and show points should I show in any open shows or if the NMGA finally puts info for shows online.

[​IMG]
    Adam made the unfortunate mistake of laying down on the ground. Lol.

[​IMG]

It is just about impossible to get a photo where she isn't hopping or standing on something. This is the spare tire on my horse trailer, which is mounted near the top of the horse trailer. She got there by herself.

[​IMG]

We went outside and she was on our buddies quad (he parks it and the trailer at our place.) Almost looks like she wants to try and drive the thing.

[​IMG]

The beginning of a big jump.

So what color would you class her as? She has some white speckles on her ears as well.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is a cutie!!!

She is classified as a Carmel since she looks mostly pygmy

3. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Its funny because the males at the place I got her from were her color but much darker, like mocha coffee and some had big white spots on them. Supposedly all were PB.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a beauty Gypsy is!!

Yep, she would be a medium carmel

5. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    She is growing up so beautiful! I may have missed it before, but are you keeping her? I wouldn't be able to let that beautiful darling go.

:love:

6. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Yup, I am keeping her. I may sell mom in the future though, if I get the kids I plan on getting this fall. I'd like to have all registered stock except for a couple of permanent pets.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok remind me again - you got this girl as a single doe and now you have two and soon you will be getting more? Right?

Yup the Goat bug has landed and bitten pretty bad :p

8. firelight27

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Ha ha. Yeah. I got one, who happened to be preggo, and now I am expanding. Lol. They are perfect. I have always been an animal lover.We have five dogs, but I'd never want to get into breeding as there is a ridiculous overbreeding problem in dogs.

I have had horses for 15 years, but its too expensive to breed (even though its my dream) them and I'd need more room and a couple of my own studs, or else I'd be selling one of my kidneys just to get a few mares in foal every year to outside stallions. I just don't have the room or funds to have a quality program and I won't settle for less than great with horses. There are too many being slaughtered to not breed great animals. And I don't think you should do things half ass when creating life!

Nigerians are great as I don't see an overpopulation issue anytime soon. They are small, much less expensive than horses, and more manageable than a number of dogs.Breeding is so fun when you have your own stock, because you get to see the possibilities and the results of your choices, and to me its always about taking what you have and making it superior. One day I'll be able to breed my horses, but I'm in love with the NDs!

9. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh yeah, you're bit just as good as I am. :wink: :greengrin:

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    She is just adorable!! Way too cute!! :love:

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member