Updated Photos *Update added*

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by fcnubian, Jan 9, 2009.

1. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    This first doe is Delilah. This is her second freshening...Does her udder look like an udder that is filling for a Feb. 9th due date, or does it look like an udder drying up from this past freshening. (I stopped milking her Dec. 17th. She went from 2x day milking, to 1x a day for a week or two then I quit completely on the 17th.)
    She's getting quite round and she had a tiny bit of discharge on her tonight. Still haven't felt any movement of the kid(s) though. She's either due 2/9 or 3/12. If she makes it to her March due date, she's going to need a wide load sign!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This doe is Hannah. This is her fourth freshening. Does it look like she is starting to make an udder to you all? To me she does, but I dont know if my eyes are playing tricks on me. lol Due dates- 2/22 and 3/12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Georgia. She's either due 1/28-30 or 3/12. She's pretty pink! lol. No questions about her just didn't feel like I should leave her out...I can't tell if she's getting an udder or not. I felt her udder area, but I'm not sure if its wishful thinking so I'm going to remove a tidbit of hair tomorrow and take another photo and see.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Updated Photos with a few questions....

id say that the first doe Delia probably isnt developing an udder just yet but I could be wrong. The second doe - maybe - I dont know what she usually looks like

I think the third doe will wait till March

3. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Thankyou for replying :wink: :greengrin:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I have to agree with Stacey, the third doe wil wait til March, the second doe does look to have the beginnings of an udder and the first one may just wait til a couple weeks before she delivers to make hers...BTW, They are very pretty girls, I like the colors. :)

5. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Thankyou! Hopefully they will be nice too me and give me a few doelings. I WANT a doeling from Delilah. Lol.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I am so happy that my two does bred have only one breeding date!

7. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Well, more then one date is better then not having a due date on them at all. lol

We'll just have to wait and see...and what makes the wait worse is....

Delilah, if she would happen to kid in Feb, she will have Milo kids. If she kids in March, it'll be Zepher.
    Hannah, if she kids in Feb, she'll be bred to Zepher. If she kids in March, she's bred to Milo.
    Georgia, she's bred to Milo no matter what. lol

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yes at least you do have dates even if it is a couple.

I just got a call from the lady who purchased Destiny from me (pygmy doe) she said that when she went out into the pen Destiny was calling to her and then looking in the shelter and when she went inside there was a new little doeling! She didnt even know she was due that soon! I was like darn I wish my kiddings were all that easy and stress free. lol

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

With 2 different bucks and breedings....who are you hoping they are bred to?

10. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

Lol. Idk. I like both of my bucks but I want to sell Zepher so I definately want a doeling out of him before he goes. I cant stand him, he's a screamer. The kind that makes you go :hair: x20.

I've had two Cedric sons here, and they were both screamers. :hair: :angry:
    lol

I can't wait to see kids out of all of them. I wouldn't mind if Hannah and Delilah kidded in Feb and the other two in March. (Might get another goat.)

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota

Yeah.. those screamers sure are something..

12. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

I felt some kicks in Delilah today. :cool:

13. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Delilah- She is getting very large. Her udder has increased in size, and her vulva is getting more pink. 2/4=(145days) 2/9=(150days) IF she's bred to kid on the Feb. due date. We also felt some strong kicks in her today to. :cool: I don't think she'll make it to her March due date.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hannah- She's getting very large to. She's starting to develop an udder. She could be due 2/22 (150days) or she could be due March 12th. Udder photo will be posted later.
    [​IMG]

Georgia- She's getting a belly on her. She's due March 12th.
    [​IMG]

Orchestra- She's due April 4th. ~No belly photos.