Updated pics of my new nigi babies!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Feb 18, 2009.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Hi just thought I would drop by and post some week and half old pics of my bottle babies. They are so cute and sweet. I am worried about the buckskin one though. He seems like he draws his back legs up into his belly, like maybe is tendons are stiff or something. I did talk to the breeder she thinks that he may just been tight in the womb and that he just hasnt unfolded all the way yet. But she said if anything happened to him she would replace him.

But I am so attached to them. It is the sweetest thing to go bottle feed them. But here are more recent pics.
    O by the way I could really use some help naming these guys. I am going to try to show them this summer, so want names that will stand out. Which they will carry the farm name they came from, but I just need some good names. Thanks

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    They are so adorable :love: ... of course... I AM a sucker for buckskins :wink: The little black and white is precious to though, of course :wink:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe they are adorable! :love:

terrible with names though so no help from me there :(

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  5. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks so much I think they are gorgeous little men. I think the black and white one we are either going to name him Honeydew Acres Apache Moon or Oreo cookies. The buckskin one I think will be HoneyDew Acres Desert Sunrise and will nickname him Desi or Sunny. I know them aint the greatest names but really cant seem to come up with anything else.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Is there a theme that you would like to have for your farm? That might help with names.

I wouldn't call him Desi, as that is very feminine, and we wouldn't want him to get a complex....LOL!

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Not bad names

I sold a doe named Destiny and I call her Dessy so it seems kind of girlie to me due to that association

8. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I am horrible at picking out names. Ok wont go with Desi lol. I never even associated it with a girls name. No theme here cant even think of what I would like to go with. I plan on showing at least one of them this summer and wanted them to have names that grabed your attention on their papers.

I'll keep trying maybe I will come up with something else. If you all can come up with anything let me know. Thanks

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what are their dam and sire names?

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    desi arnez was a guy....cute kiddos!!!

11. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    The first names that came to mind are - Honeydew Acres King Arthur for the brown, and Honeydew Acres Magic Merlin for the black/white. Don't know why those names came to mind...maybe because I am still waiting on my own doe to kid and I'm going NUTs! :hair:

CUTE babies!!! Congrats on the new additions! :)

12. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yes Desi Arnez was the guy I was thinking of, he was the one married to Lucy on I love Lucy right. Omg 4hmama I love those names, I may just have to use those they are to cool. Thanks for your help you guys.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Ok Desi said as Dezy would be less of a girls name but i was saying it as Dessy :shrug:

Love the name suggestions 4Hmama

14. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Let us know what you finally decide on - as far as names go....glad you like Arthur and Merlin. I guess it's better than the other names that popped into my head - Lenny and Squiggy (from the show LaVerne and Shirley) :) - now I'm showing my age :)

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Very cute, love the little buckskin baby :love: