Updated Pics of two does, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by loveallgoats, Jun 12, 2009.

1. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    So on Monday we are going on vacation and will not be back until the following Wednesday. I am wondering if you guys think these two will go in the next two weeks or if I have a bit longer than that. I have my mom here to watch them and she is competely capable of caring for the does and the kids if need be. I also have a friend on standby if her help is needed too. But these will be my first kids born and I would really like to be here LOL! So what are your opinions and take a guess if you can on how many each is carrying. Oh, they are both separated from the herd.

Belle boer yearling doe
    [​IMG]

and a cute pic, why are you always looking at my backside mom? LOL
    [​IMG]

she doesn't look as fat in this pic as she does is person.
    [​IMG]

and Marmalade a year old nubian doe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    I don't know about Boers, but my dairy ff usually start bagging up four to six weeks before kidding. I would say you have a while yet :)

3. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    figured with the nubian girl but thought I would ask anyway. I am getting so impatient I am going crazy! :)

4. ksacres

ksacres New Member

Oct 30, 2007
    San Antonio Texas
    BTW, I love the expression on your boer's face "what the heck are ya doin' back there?!?!"

LOL

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I agree, for FF they have a ways to go, my nigi ff form udders at minimum 6-8 weeks before they deliver.

Do you have breed dates for your young ladies?

6. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    They were both with the buck from Jan 23 to the end of April. The last thread that I had put up on Belle, the boer most thought she had about 6weeks or so to go. That was 4weeks ago I believe. So you dont think she will go anytime soon either? Boy I am really going to go nuts LOL!

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hair: Join the club! Goats are notorious for having us :hair: .....and since April was the latest they were with the buck, well... they could make you bald!

8. loveallgoats

loveallgoats New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Arizona
    If I am waiting until Sept for kids I WILL be bald LOL! I got the buck the day I put him in with the girls so thats why it was so late and since I really would like some kids this year I left him with them til april since I never saw him breed. He is a shy guy :oops:

the boer girl I can feel some in her tiny bag, the nubian girl just barely anything.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Being FF'ers ....normally ....it is easy to tell ...with there udder development...but there are those few ...that wait til the last minute......According to there udders... the boer may of took sooner than the nubian....If they were expose Jan 23 to the end of April.....it could be the boer may kid in July... because I can see.. an udder starting there....The nubian may follow one month later...her udder does not show anything yet........ :wink:

They both... may give you twins....

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    This is a FF boer due August 1 ... as you can see she already has good udder development ... more so than your girls ... I'd guess your to be at least 8 - 12 weeks weeks away

[​IMG]

now I might be completely wrong, but I am 100% certain they are not going to kid in the next 2 wks while you are away! :thumb: