Updated pictures of Avon + CoverGirl

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by KLSpoultry, Dec 19, 2008.

1. KLSpoultry

KLSpoultry New Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    here are a couple pictures my dad took of me and the baby girls today!

they are getting more stable on their little legs, even trying to run and jump! They also dont scream as much when I pick them up and cuddle them. I :love: them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    They are adorable. Congratulations.

I never would of thought that you were that young. :hi5:

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Cute, cute, cute!! I love them!! :love:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    they are so adorable! I cant believe how pygmy the one looks and how nigerian the other does.

So are you keeping them?

5. KLSpoultry

KLSpoultry New Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    I'm 22!

I would love to keep them, but I promised BF that "this goat thing" wouldn't get as out of control as my "chicken thing." (started with 4 and now have 30-40 chickens, 8 ducks and 5 geese). I'd really love to get an actual dairy goat (and I'm already in contact with a lady with spotted nubians and have reserved a doeling in spring) and I promised i'd only have 3 goats total. i'm really attached to them, but i keep telling myself that there will always be more babies. better enjoy them while i can!!

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    What liitle cuties for sure! Congrats! What is on the bottom of Cover Girls collar? a silver medal? A goatie ipod? Oh I know! A specially designed cell phone.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    haha! :slapfloor:

Well I started out with 2 and when I had to sell one (was a jumper) I replaced her with 2, then the "extra" one I bought was pregnant and kidded the next day. I sold the kid but they needed a companion for him, I bought another kid from someone - he ended up being very sick. I nursed him back to health and decided to keep him. They purchase a different kid and the one from me. THen a couple months later I rescued 2 does (if you are counting that would be now 5 does and a wether =6 goats) I bred all the does and ended up with 12 kids of which 10 survived(one with still born). I had 17 goats at one point! Sold down to 3 and then bought 2 more :ROFL:

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I told my hubby I would only have Pani. I might buy Sunshine from my boss and also Pani is going to be breeding with a few of my boss's does and the payment for that is I hand pick a doe for him to breed with that I get the baby or babies from. Once you get the goat bug you never get rid of it.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    They are totally adorable aren't they?! Look alot like what I get from my pygmy/nigi crosses...the little white and gray one is colored alot like the little buck I kept, Teddy. Don't be too surprised if you end up with a lot of kids with the exact same coloring as those 2 sweet girls.

As far as a dairy goat goes...you have 2 right there now, you would be very surprised at how much those little goats will give, with my 2 cross does they each gave just under 2 quarts a day with 2x a day milking...my full nigi gave 2 1/2 qts, this was for almost 4 months then they dropped a bit, after those girls are old enough to wean, try milking out Lipstick....She just might surprise you.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    My gosh they are to cute!!! I love the grey and white one!!

I too, started with 4 August 2007 and promised hubby that it would not get out of control. I now have 25 goats, 6 sheep, and 2 horses - oh and we added a third dog and a cat! LOL!

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    started off with one in may of 07, she kidded the next day and now I have 14! I was at around 24 in the summer. :shocked:

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Oh my they are adorable... and 2 does can't beat that! I love their names too.
    Well you better becareful as goats are VERY addictive, I started out with 2 as a birthday present for my daughter, well now I have 30+ goats... I was warned when i started but I was like "oh no we will only have 2 ever" yeah right. :roll:

13. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Beautiful!!

Heh, they don't like when they tell you goats are addicting. I went from two to four within a measly six months and am SORELY tempted by two for sale on craigslist, enough so that I've put several of my ball pythons up for sale.

My husband is a saint. :angel2:

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh .......they are just adorable.... :) :love: