The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I haven't been out here in a long time so I thought I would update you on all my outdoor animals with a lot of pictures. Let me know if the pictures are too big.
I'll start with the horses.
Rain:

Susie:

Here is my pet duck, Rubber. She is the sweetest, friendliest pet:

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv19 ... ks2033.jpg

My three hens, not an updated pic though. Left to right: Cricket, Curry, and Cheeks.

My baby Barred Rock chick, Crunchy, not sure if it is a rooster or a hen.

And our German Shepherd Teddy:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
OH my goodness, those horses are beautiful, I really like Rain, he is just gorgeous. Do you compete with them or are they just to ride? WOW, I am looking for a horse for my DH, it has to be a big one and I tell you I would steal Rain if I could.

I love the duck.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks!
We just trail ride with them. I might show Rain next year in 4-H. Susie is broke to death; anyone can ride her. I ride her bareback too. Rain, she is good for me and not too many other people could ride her just because she is complex and she does get cocky. If you put a beginner on her she would take advantage of it. And she loves to goooo! I don't ever use any leg pressure on her when riding, I just use voice commands. But she is a good horse. They are both 14.3 hh. Not too big. But I like them smaller because big horses are just too much for me to handle right now.
Here is a video of both of them running. They usually don't so it was cool to get this on video.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
WOW you have some VERY beautiful property and horses there.

I tell you those horses are very nice. I really hope you do 4H or something with them. I would hate to see horses that are that beautiful not used to their full potential.

Have you tried barrels with them?

They are just so beautiful, both of them but wow Rain took my breath away.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Beautiful animals! I can tell you take really good care of them. :)

How old is your Barred Rock? Looks like it could be a hen, but it is hard to tell until they are 7-8 weeks old.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Those are BEAUTIFUL horses!! :drool: :drool: :drool:
I have 2 kind of pet ducks they aren't super tame but I like watching and talking to them, their names are sage and tarragon. tarragon is the female and looks exactly like your Rubber( cute name by the way)
Tarragon's eggs are the best I have ever eaten.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rubber is sooo sweet! Every morning when I take her out with me to clean the horse stalls, she runs outside and lays down flat because she knows I am going to pour water on her. She loves when I do that! I am pretty sure Rubber is a female. I look forward to her eggs. Right now we get like 3 eggs a day from the chickens. We get a green egg, a brown one, and a small white one. awesome!
Oh and yes Teddy is being good. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts