UPDATED * Website Changes ... please tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Julie, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Every now and then I like to make a few changes to the look of my website ... just to keep it "fresh" ... lol. Since I did the welcome graphic for TGS I just thought I'd try it to see how it looks on my site against the black background. I have to say ... I like it on the black background ... really brings out the clouds, etc.
    Anyway, I might change some things with it to pertain to my goats (taking the other goats off and adding my own goats) ... but for now I'm gonna leave it like it is. I think. I "specialize" in mini breeds and mixes. BUT I have done rescue with other breeds. So the different breeds "fit in" since I basically run an unofficial part time rescue anyway. (a friend first pointed out that the goat's don't "fit in" because I specialize in mini's ... not boer and nubians, etc. but since I have done and plan to continue doing pt rescue, I thought it would work out ok .. ?) What do you's think ?

Also I changed my navigation. It used to be just text links on the side of my page, now I made actual picture buttons and placed them under my welcome note on my home page.

So I'd really appreciate your opinion .. do you LIKE my changes ? Or did it look better before (for those of you who seen it before). If you haven't seen my site before ... do you like how it looks now ? Is there anything that doesn't look right/good ??

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Re: Website Changes ... please tell me what you think

I think it looks ok - but I would be concerned with using the TGS logo on a personal website, unless the picture was used to link like AGS or ADGA and all members who animals appear in the logo have given authorization to be used on sites. But to use the TGS main logo for a front page, I am not sure that that is a good idea.

3. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA

I did post about using the graphic for personal uses (for anyone) and asked if any member who's goats are pictured in the graphic object ... and no one objected.

However, I'm not keeping the graphic like that on my website. I just wanted to see how it looked for now ... until I get my own goats added to it in place of the other goats. I might be done with adding my own goats by tonight, or it might not be until Monday or Tuesday. So I wanted to try the original graphic I made for TGS to see if I even like it on my website ... before going through all the work of doing a new one of it with my own goats. ya know ?
    And I showed Stacey, and she doesn't have a problem with me using it. She didn't think it "suited" my website though because I don't raise boers, etc. ... but as I mentioned previously, I also do some rescues, of any breed. SO I think it fits due to that. But again, it's not gonna stay this way anyway, I am gonna put my own goats on it ... it's just a matter of finding out if I like it ... and then if I do (and I get your opinions, and ya'll like "the look) THEN I will personalize it with my own goats :)

4. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA

Oh and it's not the TGS logo ... it's just a graphic that Stacey asked me to do for the welcome letter. :)

But I do understand what you're saying, but like I said ... I just want to see how it looks before personalizing it with my own goats.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

no problem - I am still trying to get caught up on the forum - I have been down at work since Monday and I only have about 3-5 hours at night to do homework and try to get sleep - so I havent read all the threads yet.

Just wanted to voice my opinion, like you had mentioned :wink:

6. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

I like it except the writing in the box at the top is kinda small, that box is really cool though. :) I think it would be easier to navigate if the buttons where on the side to, so people could see the links to other pages as soon as they where on your site

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I think it looks wonderful.....I love the clouds and the black background.... really brings it to life........ :thumbup: :)

8. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    Ok ... check it out now, I got the graphic personalized with my own goats, etc. ... and it's a little different, but the same idea.

http://lilpygmygoats.tripod.com

Tell me what ya think :D