Updates on breeding.....

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Oct 30, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, Joe decided that he needed to breed Dobie again tonight.

Then he started chasing the heck out of the buckskin. She wanted NOTHING to do with him. Then all of a sudden she just stopped and he bred her - but only once. She arched like crazy though so hopefully she will take since we will be gone tommorrow night which is when I think she will be in full blown heat.

Also - my Boer x who I saw the ram breed on Saturday - well she was back in heat tonight also - so that is a good sign. Joe tried numerous times to breed her - but he is a little short.

Brought out the Boer Buck - he kept trying - never "saw" him finish or her hunch - but she had "stuff" coming out the back - so someone got her - now the question is - did she take. I don't really care who bred her I just want meat babies!

So I also brought out the Nubian buck that will be a year next month. NO, I mean NO interest in the girls in heat at all. It is like he is a girl himself.....aghhhhhhh!!!!!

Anyway - barn news for the night!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok so my guess is that Dobie has at least one buck and the buckskin has a girl ;)

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Man! He's that old and still not breeding yet?! Wow. Slow learner. ;) Hopefully he catches on quick. :)

That's great that your Boer x came back into heat. Hopefully she takes to one of them.

Lyla was not in heat and Royal Blue chased her around like crazy and finally "convinced" her, I guess. He bred her and she hunched. Does that happen?? When a doe will have absolutely have no interest in a buck even though he's chasing her around then all of a sudden stand still and let him breed her?? Actually, change that, I know it happens but will they likely take to that breeding? These girls confuse me sometimes. . . . :roll: