The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was first time disbudding a 7day old buckling. I gave him 1/10 cc banimine about an hour before, I placed him securely in a disbud box shaved around the bump took a 3/8 tip iron and burned a copper ring around both then came back and done a figure 8. I put blue coat on it and made very sure none got in his eye. Gave Him 2cc Cdt and put him back with mama. I went to check him about 5 hrs latter and noticed his upper eyelids looked swollen! What did I do wrong? This was my biggest fear that I would hurt him. Should I give more banimine? What should I do? I feel horrible!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave more banimine, he is nursing and running and playing. Swelling has gone down around his left eye but still a little swollen around his right. How did this happen? I didn't leave the iron on him more then 6 seconds, I did have to do it a few times until I got a good copper ring but I waited a while before each time.

·
Registered
31,033 Posts
May have held the burner too long..maybe too close to the eye area for the 8 burn. Glad swelling is going down. Continue icing until swelling is down.
I would give tetanus antitoxin. Cd&t will not offer immediate protection.

·
Registered
31,033 Posts
Hi charles..how's your little.man doing?

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 5 of 5 Posts