Upper Respitory Infection

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by RowdyKidz, Apr 26, 2010.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Okay, so my mom had to take a doeling born on 10/29/09 to the Vet that was refusing to eat and had a snotty nose. She was not bloated and I am not sure on temp (I was in school).

Our Vet's diagnosed an upper resp infection and have her on some anti-biotics and then another shot (not sure of what yet, I haven't gotten to the farm quite yet). But I am worried that some of my others may get sick.

So what I am asking is there anything additionally I can give the sick doeling? And is there anything else I can give the rest of my herd so I can be assured they don't get a cold eiither?

I know I'm over-reacting but I've lost 2 bucks to pneumonia and I really don't want to loose this girl.

2. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    You could give her some nutridrench for an energy boost and to help stimulate her appetite.

There's probably not a whole lot you can do to keep the others from getting it if it is contageous since they have already been exposed. They'll either get it or they won't (hopefully they don't). You could try giving some chewable vitamin c tabs and some nutridrench to everyone to suppost their immune systems.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would take temps on everyone and watch to make sure they dont spike a temp. If they do then start them immediately on oxytetracyline (LA 200, Duramycin, Biomycin etc).

Vet probably gave her banamine too to bring down a fever and make her feel better.