Uptown and Socialite Take Two

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by pennylullabelle, Jan 28, 2010.

1. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Alright, I'm sending my deposit in on these two. Now...we can have them bred before they leave Poppy Patch. I am thinking Socialite to Billy and Uptown to Max....Any opinions? Who would you choose? I want to stay away from the Rebel lines because he is the sire to Poppy Seed, the dam of the doelings.

Buck Page:
    http://www.angelfire.com/super2/poppypa ... sires.html

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Sweet!! Congrats! My friend just bought Punkin! I think those two bucks you choose would cross very well on those girls! :thumb:

3. pennylullabelle

Punkin is nice. Now that is what I call pliable skin! Congrats to her!

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I would breed them to a proven buck, Monty. He has daughters on the ground with excellent mammary systems. I like Max a lot but would still stick with a buck that has those milking daughters on the ground.

5. pennylullabelle

Honestly...that's who I first considered. But then I saw Billy is a Monty son and out of a super nice doe. I was torn. But I know I want to try them to different bucks. That way I can see the lines cross and weed out what I don't like.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would like to see a more prominent brisket on Billy but Max is real nice

should make some nice pairings since the girls are strong in that area

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would like to see a more prominent brisket on Billy but Max is real nice

should make some nice pairings since the girls are strong in that area

8. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

well you know how I feel about the poppy seed and max cross since Im :pray: for a doeling for me this year!
    So I give that a big thumbs up!

Monty is another good choice

9. pennylullabelle

On Shannon's website she has a doe called Sunshine on her Seniors page who is the sister to Billy and then a daughter of Billy's on the first fresheners page called Ooh La La. After seeing those does I feel pretty confident about trying Socialite to Billy :)

PHF - sending you doeling vibes!!

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cool beans - I usually look further but preparing to take a road trip from NJ to Chicago IL so im kind of busy

11. redsticker

redsticker Member

May 7, 2009
    SE Louisiana
    I really like Max and Monty, but they all look nice... Good luck! :)

12. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Max is my FAVORITE! :drool:

13. pennylullabelle

Well, it would appear the vote is for Monty...hmmmm...

14. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Actually now that I went back and looked into a bit Billy Whiskers is quite nice- as are his sister and his daughter, they both look really consistent.
    Also- that doubles up a linebreeding on Baywatch - not a bad idea at all! :thumb:

15. pennylullabelle

PHF - That's kind of where I was hoping to have some success. It makes for a 3 generation gape before doubling back to Bay Watch. Also, I'll have a buck here who will also be 3 generations down from Bay Watch to try to the girls next year if the Billy pairing works well.

BUT...Since I have the ability to line breed here...maybe I should take advantage of the out cross while she is with Shannon?