Urgent - Animal Control in Utah has 2 goats.

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by PattiXmas, Jan 8, 2010.

1. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I am on another board for boston terriers, and they all know about our lovely little goats. April from Utah contacted me about 2 goats that they picked up in Utah. She believes that one is a boer buck and she didn't mention what the other was. I responded back to her this morning, urging her to come to this board and post, as maybe there might be a member here that's in Utah. Anyone in Utah that wants to help these goats out?

2. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Here's April's message to me.

Private Message: I hope you don't mind have a ? about goats...

Yesterday, 10:52 PM

Zillas_mom
    White Fang

I hope you don't mind have a ? about goats...
    We have 2 goats right now at the shelter 1 buck and 1 doe (we didn't pick them up from the same areas). I did a quick search on goats to get some info but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

The buck I believe is a Boer who is an adult and has his testicles still. I know they pee in their mouths, and he is a good shot too. lol I don't understand why they feel the need to pee in their mouths but whatever. lol I was wondering if he gets altered will he stop this and will his odor go away. I have not had a chance to talk the two local vets that handle livestock about this so thought I'd ask you.

I have put calls out and no one wants the poor buck and he has the best temperment. Comments about how they smell and hump everything seems to be a pretty common comment when they find out we have a buck needing a home.

Anyways any info you can give me on the poor unwanted guy would be great. Thanks Patti

Take care,
    April

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I dont know of any body here that is in Utah.

but you can tell her that if altered (ie wethered) that yes he will stop the buck behavior and eventually loose his stink.

4. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I told her that.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    figured -- but had to make sure

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I pray... :pray: that they are re-homed soon.... :hug:

Have her try craigslist...

7. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    ** Update ** The owner came and got the buck, but no one has come forward to claim the doe. She doubts anyone will, as the doe caused a car accident. Here's a picture of her.

Thanks for doing that but the owner came and got the buck all we have left now is the doe.

This is a horrible picture but all I had was my camera on my phone. No one claimed her and I doubt any one will because she cause a car accident and the car owner wants damages paid for. She is timid and will not come to you. If you have food she will approach you. She is nice though, and very quiet have not heard one sound out of her.

[​IMG]

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is good that the owner came to get him... It is sad... that no one... will take on responsibility.. for this poor doe.... she is cute.... :(

9. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww! She looks like an Alpine goat. How big is she? I'm not in Utah, but I am in AZ. Where is she at exactly? Depending on where it is, it might not be too far away.

Edit: Duh, St, George. That isn't too far... I wonder if she would mind meeting half way? I need to find a way to uh... convince hubby though.

I mapquested it, and Page AZ is halfway, 3 hours in each direction. Also, do you know if the buck and doe were kept together in the shelter for a while? I would just like to know in case she might be expecting.

Still have to get permission though...

10. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I'm going to copy your request and send the info to April. I'll let you know what she says:).

11. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Sorry about that - she sent me a message this morning, the doe has been placed. She will keep this site in mind if they come across any goats in the future :) ./

12. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww darn. 'Cause I think I had talked hubby into it. Maybe next time. *wink*