URGENT!! GOAT BLEEDING!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 7thundersranch, Feb 17, 2011.

1. 7thundersranch

7thundersranch New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    NE Oklahoma
    HI all,
    I need an answer FAST! My goat Indy just kidded yesterday and is now bleeding VERY bad! When she coughs, it just spews out like a fountain! I have given her Shepherd's Purse Tincture, Red Raspberry leaves (TONS) and a bunch of energy boosting things. Any suggestions are welcomed!!

She is fading FAST! HELP!!

Thanks,
    Hannah

2. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh no -- I can't imagine. Is she down? Has she eaten anything?

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She needs to see a vet asap. She probably got torn somewhere internally... if that is the case, there's not anything that can be done to fix it without having a vet take a look. If she is worth it, i'd take her in immediately.

So sorry...I hope she pulls through.

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh no :sigh: A vet call is in order...really sounds like she's hemmorhaging, if it's due to a tear in the uterus, there may be nothing that can be done, I'm so sorry :hug:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree...have a vet look at her.... :( :hug:

6. 7thundersranch

Dec 20, 2010
    NE Oklahoma
    Sorry about that. She pulled through and is doing great! She's out, grazing with the herd and back to normalcy. I am so thankful for Cayenne Pepper, lol! I tell you what I did after this post...

But I thought you all might want to see pics of the babies, so here they are!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here the star of the week...mama goat :)
    [​IMG]

Con't...

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww...they are adorable...glad everything is going well now....the momma is a real pretty girl.... :hug: :thumb:

8. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    The babies are darling and momma is cool too, but I want to know what you meant about cayenne pepper. So glad she is alive, it sounded very scary.

Jan

9. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    CMPK Calcium helps immensely with after kidding recovery & bleeding!
    I'd also be interested in the cayenne pepper????

10. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    the cayenne pepper helps to stop bleeding, cant remember but I think you put it on where the bleed is at.

11. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Okay, you can send that little red spotted one my way. hehehe

12. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow! That's great to hear she pulled through! Those are some beautiful...long and lengthy babies! Congrats!!

13. OH MY GOODNESS!!! They are soooooo stinking CUTE!! Congrats! Glad everything worked out and momma is ok! :clap:

14. Springbett Farm

Springbett Farm Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Nebraska
    Oh no, their ears are gone! JK :laugh: They are completely adorable; I would not mind getting a Lamancha someday. :love:

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Adorable, I am so glad she is fine, I would hate to see something happen to that adorable mom.

I had a doe that bled a LOT this year also, it scared the heck out of me, but it was becuase they babies were so big I believe she tore a bit.

Did mom get Molasses water?
    I also givbe CMPK to my does after they kid, but is there something else besides that paste you can use? They HATE it and I believe it burns them, I know I got some on my finger and I touched my face and I had a red welt.

16. 7thundersranch

Dec 20, 2010
    NE Oklahoma
    Hi all! Sorry about my delay...you can read the whole story here at my blog: http://7thundersranch.blogspot.com/ - The Cayenne pepper recipe is in one of the two posts...

The little buckling is for sale :) Email me at: [email protected] if you want a little info on him. He's registered with papers!

17. Kfin

Kfin New Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Canyon, TX
    What a scary experience. I am so glad she is ok now. That would have scared me to death but cuddos to you for keeping your cool and thinking fast. And those babies are adorable what does their dad look like? I have a doe that is the same color as your doe and would love to get a doeling like your little spotted one.

18. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Are you keeping the spotted one?