The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 year old billy off feed for 2 days, depressed with white snot coming out of nose. I have dosed him twice yesterday with Agricillin and once today also with CD antitoxin. We wormed him with Cydectin. Temp is 106.3 tonight. Have him in cool shaded stall and trying to drench him with electrolytes as best we can as it is a struggle. I also gave him Aspirin to try to bring down temp. Any suggestions? Is there a better antibiotic that I should get for possible pneumonia cause I believe that is what I am dealing with. I will get Banamine tomorrow but unable to get tonight.

·
14,615 Posts
Nuflor would be better if you have it but it is vet Rx.
Meantime you can get cold packs & hold them on pulse points including behind ears.
If he's fighting you on the drenching thank God for that.
Probiotics & B complex as well.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
You need Banamine and either Nuflor or Draxxin. He sounds like he is pretty sick. All those drugs are Rx.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Would it be OK to try ice packs wrapped in towels under him or around him to try to lower or at least stop his fever from rising till tomorrow ?

Prayers sent !

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
If you can not get RX antibiotics....Tylan 200 (1 cc per25#) from TSC is a good OTC choice...
B complex would be good as a support...

·
2,203 Posts
I agree. Tylan 200 is easily accessible. I wouldn't mess around. Call the vet immediately and get Draxxin. It's quite costly but it is worth every penny. I would put a cool bed out for him. Is he translucent/out of it? Maybe pick him up and put him on it, or have him stand and drape the cool bed over him. I've sewn a cooling bed, so I'm not sure what you have but towels/ice works.

·
Registered
30,566 Posts
hows he doing this morning?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts