The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pregnant doe throwing up! I don't know why. Her litigaments are loose. And she is grinding her teeth. Her udder is full.

Is she kidding?

·
Registered
31,490 Posts
sounds like she is could be the start of labor...but throwing up is not normal...did she get into anything??..Can you get her temp...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her temp in normal. She is not throwing up any more but her mouth is kinda foamy. She is still grinding her teeth. I think she might be having contractions.

·
Registered
31,490 Posts
When a goat chokes they wil cough up foam...once they have it loosened up they are fine...what are her labor symtoms..do you have a due date on her? You said ligs are gone, bag is full..is it tight and strudded? babies dropped ? restless??

·
Registered
31,490 Posts
could be early stages...they will stretch and move around to get babies set up right...with the choking and foam Im thinking she may have upset her rumen, goats in heavy labor will twist their jaw like a funny yawn..but rarely grind thier teeth...gut pain will cause teeth grinding....I would give her C D Antitoxin and a baking soda drench...1/2-1 teaspon baking soda in enough water to drench and a good dose of probios to kick start her flora...offer fresh water and hay tonight, no feed just yet...if her rumen is off the grain will be hard to digest..

·
Registered
31,490 Posts
Yes, a pic of her lady parts would help as well ...just in case..

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont have any meds on hand. I am in va for a packing trip. With 4 other goats. None of them are having any issues.

·
Registered
31,490 Posts
she needs something in her rumen to bind toxins...as Goat hiker said..find something she mentioned or Milk of magnsia ( M O M )... untreatd charcole??

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I offered her some charcoal she refused it. She is lying down now. Making lots of noise and having contractions.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts