The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my 7 year old momma goat Xuxa (her kids are 8 months old) is kinda straining to urinate. She also kinda looks like she is in pain when she urinates. She is acting a bit off. Kinda walking a bit slowly. I am just about to give them a dewormer called cydectin, I use mollys wormer faithfully but it has been wet and my vet came out on another issue with another goat and did fecals and recommended a round of the cydectin. I haven't taken a temp yet, about to. I hate to stress her even more. She eats fine, she is quite the plump girl. I know she is getting up there in years but I worry so for her. I am gonna give her a magic ball or two. If it is a urinary tract infection and she has an increased temp, what antibiotic do I use?
thanks goatie peeps

·
Registered
30,656 Posts
Penicillin will work for that...1 cc per 20# 2 times daily for 5 days. ;) If you suspect infection, even without fever you should treat...signs are as you said, straining to pee, dribbles pee, back will hunch, some may have a bit of blood in the pee as the infection progresses..Hope she feels better soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts