The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mini alpine buck has a few bald spots on his legs. I usually try and give bathes to them every month and a half, but since it has been cold, he hasn't gotten one for maybe 2.5-3 months. I noticed them this mornin' when he jumped on the fence. So... how will i go about treating this? I cant give him a bath, because i don't want him to get sick...
thanks,
Nigerian dwarf goat

i will get pics soon!

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts
my mini alpine buck has a few bald spots on his legs. I usually try and give bathes to them every month and a half, but since it has been cold, he hasn't gotten one for maybe 2.5-3 months. I noticed them this mornin' when he jumped on the fence. So... how will i go about treating this? I cant give him a bath, because i don't want him to get sick...
thanks,
Nigerian dwarf goat

i will get pics soon!
Just bathe and dry his legs good. Then nustock on them. Is what i have seen suggested for others lately.

·
Registered
839 Posts
One of my bucks has peed the hair off the side of his face. I wipe him off with baby wipes and put either Nu stock or diaper cream on it to protect the skin. I can’t wait until they are out of rut.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't wait until they are out of rut.
Oh my gosh, same! He is being such a little you know what!

baby wipes and put either Nu stock or diaper cream
I think i will try wiping him with soapy water, then with baby wipes, and dry it real good. Coat in vaseline, then later that day, I will try a little Nustock on it... crossing my fingers!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it did end up seeming warmer, so i went ahead and gave him a full bath, and coated his spots in vaseline.
Tomorrows game plan:shave all the pee stained hair from his legs, and put some nustock on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts