Urine stains

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Maggie, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Can anyone suggest a good way to clean off urine stains on a doe? We have one heavily bred doe that dribbles urine on her tail when she lays down, and then of course swishes it all over her backside. I trimmed up her tail really short and had tried washing her when it was warmer, but now its too cold to keep washing her all the time so the stains are pretty well set in. Anything I could maybe wipe her down with without getting her wet? I thought about cowboy magic green spot remover for horses, but not sure it would work well on urine.

2. packhillboers

packhillboers Senior Member

Oh.. we had a doe like that. She stopped squatting completely to go pee during her pregnancy and her bladder also dribbled. What a mess.. yes.. I ended up trying to clean her up.. She just looked horrible. Those stains didnt come out well.

3. HaleyD

HaleyD Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have never used the green spot remover from Cowboy Magic but I'm sure it would work. I LOVE their products and I use them all the time on all different types of animals. I haven't found something from them that didn't work!

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Oh boy & yucky! One of mine developed urine scald from it before I really got in there. Picking off hunks of funky matted hair wasnt very much fun for either of us.
    Cowboy magic will probably work ok but it wont get everything out. Can you bring a hair dryer out if you dont have a blower?
    After it's dry put either Bag Balm or plain vaseline to help block urine from soaking in.

5. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    Thanks for the replies. I think I will try to cowboy magic on her. The stains are already pretty well set in, so I might just have to wait for some of it to just wear off and shed out.

6. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Yeah. Though unsightly, you 'll want to make sure she hasnt developed scabs.