The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd get some opinions on this.
Someone mentioned to me that they hang Christmas lights inside their barn and leave them on at night when they do checks, so they don't disturb everyone with bright lights.

Well, I was wondering how safe they are to really use inside a barn if hung from the beams? Not something I'd leave on though, but figure when I am watching does who are in labor, checking on goats, etc. that they may come in handy until I need better lighting.

·
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that's what I'll do then :) We have some of the indoor/outdoor lights that we usually put up in front of the house, but we've been so busy this year I don't think we're going to decorate outside. I think they will work great, and won't be as distracting for the does when I am checking on them, or sitting out there watching and waiting forever like a crazy goat mama lol ;)

·
Registered
630 Posts
I have Christmas lights in the barn and outside the barn too all year round. I make sure they are out of there reach. I learned a lesson by leaving them to low. They chewed the wire!!! Rope lights seem to work the best and last the longest..

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have LED lites in the rafters all year long, I can turn them on and off from inside the house, makes it nice for when it gets dark so early. Get them after the holiday. The ones I have in the barn are a cool strand set and the other is a warm set as in house old lighting. You get your full spectrum of lighting that way and it lasts for ever. And very cheap to use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts