The Goat Spot Forum banner

361 - 376 of 376 Posts

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #361 ·
Wild Orange and Oregano are two I would start with.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,073 Posts
Great :) I really really don't want to have to switch to chemical worming. I think it would be a huge loss to have to not drink their milk for up to 40 days. That's just so wasteful. Where would be the cheapest place to get the doTerra oils?

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
Yes..dont buy off Amazon or places like that even if they say DoTerra. Got to buy directly from a consultant or the company. ;)

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,073 Posts
The company I would like to buy my oils from (Plant Therapy) offers sweet orange, orange essence, and blood orange EOs. Which would be best?

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·
Doterra wild orange is made from the peel of sweet orange.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,073 Posts
Oils and amounts used
1 drop each of
oregano, wild orange, lemon grass, digeszen and for the unbred goats, clove is added....this is in 2-3 cc of olive oil
we started with 1/2 cc for kids and 1 cc for adults....
So I got my oils today.:happygoat: I was able to get Lemongrass as well. Plant Therapy was a terrific company to work with by the way. I'm a little confused about the above quote. So, one drop of each in the olive oil and then 1cc of that mixture for each goat? What about if you are putting it in something like applesauce, what do you do then?

·
Registered
29,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
I do one drop each in 3 cc olive oil. When I first started doing several times a day I gave 1/2 cc or 1 cc of the oils in olive oil mix.
This was in crisis when I wanted a consistent flow of treatment. Now when the season hits I do one drop each in 3 cc olive oil per goat. Most love it. I have not used apple sauce before but sure that is fine too
I hope that explains it

14 Posts
This is awesome! Thank you so much. I have been struggling for years to get pink eyelids. I live on a well, so I know the water restricts some of the mineral absorption. But even with my herbal wormer, and copper housing every 3 months, I've still struggled. My herd is due for another worming, so I'm going to try this. This is a really long thread, so I probably missed it, I apologize, but do you give the eo's in the oil as a drench? Or do they just lick up the olive oil? My goats are picky. :) Silly things that they are!

361 - 376 of 376 Posts