The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Does the label have a precautionary statement about handling an animal after application? I use the python dust for flies in the summer, and even a couple of days after application I can still see the dust in their hair. On a baby goat that is a pet, I would think depending on how much you applied, you would need to wait a couple of days. At least until you didn’t see any more or could not cause it to cloud up when aggressively rubbing her hair. It’s a pretty safe dust and can be used on pregnant and lactating goats, however depending on your sensitivity to pesticides, you may want to wait longer or find another alternative. Just out of curiosity what pest were u using it to control on your baby?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the label have a precautionary statement about handling an animal after application? I use the python dust for flies in the summer, and even a couple of days after application I can still see the dust in their hair. On a baby goat that is a pet, I would think depending on how much you applied, you would need to wait a couple of days. At least until you didn't see any more or could not cause it to cloud up when aggressively rubbing her hair. It's a pretty safe dust and can be used on pregnant and lactating goats, however depending on your sensitivity to pesticides, you may want to wait longer or find another alternative. Just out of curiosity what pest were u using it to control on your baby?
They said it was biting lice. She is 2 weeks old today. I'm bottle feeding her because her mom wouldn't let her nurse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.