The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
I have 2 Nigerians getting on in years, (10) quite round and spoiled...never bred...closed system.
One of them has precocious udder that we struggle with every spring. (mastoblast from Jeffers helped this year!)
This year she also had a white discharge from her back end which I assumed was a change in her hormones (perimenopause??) . My vet came by one day to see the horses and she mentioned that this was an infection. The goat ate and drank normally and was her happy, frisky self other than the discharge. We have been using a Chinese herb the vet recommended wth good effect. The discharge has greatly diminished. (It was white and the color and consistency of clear to white elmers glue.) I hid the herbs in a piece of banana and she happily ate it. However, now that it is almost entirely cleared, she refuses anything I try to hide it in. It seems to have upset her stomach and she won't eat anything in her dish if the herb is in anything in the dish. But she'll eat if it is gone.
This Herb is expensive but my Vet keeps insisting to continue. I am out of ideas how to get this in her.. I live alone and commute to teach...just welcoming my K students back to the classroom. I cannot wrestle with a goat 2x a day.
Do you all have any other recommendations?
Thanks

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Is the herb powder? I too would like the name of the herb.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the discharge only happening once a month? It could just be her normal heat cycle. They can and do have milky discharge with this. Nigis go into heat monthly.

What herb is it exactly that you are giving?
That's what I initially thought but it remained pretty constant.
Is the discharge only happening once a month? It could just be her normal heat cycle. They can and do have milky discharge with this. Nigis go into heat monthly.

What herb is it exactly that you are giving?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts