The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a doe that has been w a Proven buck several times but no pregnancy. No udder and no belly growth. Never seen him actually try to breed anyone think he waits till nighttime.

Thinking she may be sterile or has a health issue. Is sterility common? What are the typical signs for a uterine infection or cysts?

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Does she have any discharge? Has she ever kidded? What is her behavior like (bucky, or normal)?

Sterility is not very common.
Cystic ovaries isn't normally a common thing, but as time goes on, it seems to be getting more common.

A doe may not have any symptoms of an infection, but she may have a fever, and often discharge. The discharge may or may not be runny, and it can vary from white, clear, or cloudy, and it may or may not have an odor.

With cystic ovaries, they will not settle no matter how many times she is bred, she may act bucky, and short cycling (frequent heats, every 5 days or more) is very common.

She may also have a copper or selenium deficiency (or both).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No discharge. Not sure if shes kidder before. Only had her 1 yr. Acts normal. Buck just smells her and walks away. Could it be that hes just not interested in her?

·
2,203 Posts
If you really want to hit all the bases, you could start on Pen, and start up an ov sync program of lutalyse and cystorelin. I would try the ov sync before working with any antibiotics.

·
Registered
30,603 Posts
Cysts, mineral def: such as Selenium, too thin, too fat, although infertility is not common, there are many reason a doe cant get pregnant... here are a few articles to hopefully point you in the right direction..

http://kinne.net/infert1.htm........ A good article on Hormonal causes of Infertility..
http://www.tripleigoats.com/fertilityproblems.htm .... on other causes...

Best wishes

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
I have a doe that I have had for a year now. No kids and never seen a heat. I gave her a Bose shot and she came into heat a little over a month ago and no heat since. In my case the selenium seemed to be the issue

1 - 7 of 7 Posts