Vaccine question

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by sweetgoats, Feb 24, 2009.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ok, I met a lady on line and she wants to bred her does to my bucks in the fall. I was talking to her via email and I asked if she had given the goats their CDT vaccine and she sent this.

From some of the other web sites I’ve been reading, I was under the impression if they had a covexin shot, they did not need CDT shots too. Is that incorrect?

I know nothing about this and I was wondering if anyone can tell me something so I can tell her. I just do not know what to tell her only because I have never used it before.

thanks

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the convex 8 has the CD/T and extra stuff so yes she is correct - they just need yearly bosters of the Convex 8

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OK, I guess I did not recognize it without the 8 on it. :hammer: I feel like a fool. :oops:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I would double check with her that it was the Convex 8 but thats the only one I could think of

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    ok. So why do people use that instead of the CD&T. Is one really better then the other or just a personal preference?

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    From what I understand it protects against more strains of clostridium(sp) diseases.