Vanilla color diarrhea in newborn??

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Frozenloc2, May 6, 2008.

1. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    I have never seen this color pooh before. At first I though it was coming from her vulva but its not. She is not even 24hrs old and is poohing vanilla pudding pooh. Same consistancy also as pudding??? Any ideas??? is that bad, she is eating and acting fine.

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'm too inexperienced to really know what caused this but I can't helpp but think this is relatively undigested milk? Is she bottle fed or on mom? Replacer or goats milk?

3. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    E-coli would be my first guess. You can get a powder antibiotics from the feed store or naxcel/nuflor from the vet. Shelly

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Enjoytheride is correct, how is she being fed?

You really need to know what the problem is BEFORE you start her on antibiotics. I do believe it was CJ that just dealt E-coli so she would be a better choice to tell you if it MIGHT be E-coli.
    Take a sample to the vet, to e sure

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Our kids that were born in April that were nursed on their moms had poo like that, only for a couple days and then it went away. They never acted off, we just made sure their butts were clean.

6. Frozenloc2

Frozenloc2 New Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Northern Maryland
    They are nursing on mom right now and it seems to be getting better. It was quite shocking when I saw it I must say.