Vanity

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by keren, Jun 12, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I got to thinking today ... it doesnt seem like all that long ago that I first came here and had all those problems with Vanity prolapsing ...

last year she prolapsed at day 101 ... well today is day 101 for her and not a prolapse in sight! :leap: Hopefully she keeps up the good work. And hopefully I get a little girl from her this time.

Here she is with Pride - he's been neutered and weaned but he still sticks close to his mummy ... he loves his mummy ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    great!
    glad she made it through that last prolapse.

pride looks good, how old is he?

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    yeah, he looks good, but he's 7 months old ... looks good but looks a whole lot younger. Just didnt have that early growth, which is why he got introduced to the green ring

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Pride looks good - wonderful news on this stage for Vanity. I thought that was the same doe when I read her name.

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    yep, he's looking good, quite a coarse muscled guy which isnt necessarily a bad thing, just not exactly what I normally get from these genetics. I wish Pride had been a doe - the buck I used over her last year died so no chance for a repeat breeding. She's joined to Padre who is actually her great grandson, so a little bit of line breeding there, will be interesting to see how the kids turn out.

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    That's great she didn't prolapse! :leap:
    I like Pride! He's a very nice wether! :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    No prolapsing ........that's great.. :leap: ..could be... she is carrying less babies then before.....not as much pressure on her......I pray... she continues to do well .. thinking PINK :girl: :girl: :hug: :pray:

Vanity looks great keren.........and so does...Pride..... :greengrin:

8. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    yup, doing a :dance:

yeesh, I just looked at her feet in these pics ... that is AFTER I've trimmed them :( she has terrible feet

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink:

Sometimes it takes more than one trimming to correct some feet....takes time ...but if you keep up on it... and do it as frequently as you can ....they will get better...but I know... that you know that....LOL :wink: :greengrin:
    She is pretty to me....feet and all..... :thumbup: