Venus kidded!!! Still waiting on Josie!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by RowdyKidz, Feb 20, 2010.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Don't have much time to talk...Just home long enough to grab a shower...

Josie and Venus are both on 147 and it looks like a race! Won't be long before we have babies!!!! Josie was starting to dialate @ 9AM this morning and has been progressing nicely. I'm guessing kids tonight or tomorrow from her! Venus is really swollen (along with a discharge) and miserable, those kids still kicking!

Wish me luck, I'll need it! Just watch them both start kidding at the same time. :hair: :coffee: :coffee:

2. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Re: Josie and Venus are getting ready!!!

Good luck with your duo! Hope all goes well. I like hearing all the good news!

3. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Good Luck.

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Easy one at a time Josie and Venus kidding vibes are being sent your way! Yaaay more babies on TGS!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

Cool beans -- hope these go easily and they give you at least a little break between

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Hey Tara...how are your girls?

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Josie starting contracting last night around 11 after being dialated all day....Contractions were erratic. About 11:30 she fell asleep. She was breathing heavily before she went to sleep. My mom went down and checked her at 2:30 and nothin new yet. :GAAH: :GAAH: :GAAH:

Day 148 today! :wahoo:

8. Re: Josie and Venus are getting ready!!!

Here is to smooth sailing. Can't wait for the pics to come. HEHE

9. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

Oh I've had that happen before!!! LOL

2 of my does (one at day 149 the other on day 144) started pushing at the EXACT same time. One was a first freshener and the other was a doe I always have to watch because she kids out in the dirt and it was FREEZING outside. They were in different kidding pens about 1/4 of an acre away from each other and I had to run back and forth... first doe delivered a kid... I helped clean it right as I heard my FF doe start hollering.... went running over there in time to realize her kid was stuck... pulled her kid started drying and then went back to the first doe as she delivered her 2nd kid... cleaned him off and put them in the warm barn! Fingers crossed that doesn't happen to you!!!! Let me tell you... I needed a drink other than coffee that day!!! :ROTFL:

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Day 149!

STILL no kids from EITHER doe! :hair: :GAAH:

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Day 151! Venus kidded with triplets!!!!! 2 bucks, 1 doe. First buckling was stillborn caramel and the doeling is tiny and doing awesome! She is a red caramel which are really hard to get and I am just so happy!

The last buckling is a handsome medium brown caramel. He wouldn't stand but thanks to a few goat forum people's help we have him in the house and thriving! We were sure he wouldn't make it. He wouldn't nurse from mom so we brought him in the house for a little bit and took him back out to momma and she wouldn't take him back and he wouldn't nurse. So he's in the house and is doing AWESOME! :) I am really glad!

As for Josie she looks like she'll go anyday. I'm thinking twins for her.

As for names I couldn't decide if they should be named God/Goddess names (after Venus) or Harry Potter (after George (RIP)). So for the boy his name will be Apollo and the girl's is Adromeda. (I am also sticking to the A theme)

Well, I guess I'd better be off to eat and get back to holding Apollo. Hopefully he's out of the woods!

I'll get some pictures tomorrow morning coz my camera batteries died. :wink:

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Tara...I am so sorry you lost the one little boy...I hope that Venus and her :kidred: :kidblue: are doing well....and very glad to hear that George will live on with these 2. Can't wait to meet your new arrivals!

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    sorry for your loss.... :(

But a big congrats... on the new kiddo's... :love: :greengrin: