Vera, Java and Snaps thread. Snappy kidded!!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Dunfactor, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Vera is 131 days today! :leap: I think it is about time to start her waiting thread. :greengrin: I am so excited! I have foaled out horses but this will be my first kidding. I can't wait. She is bred to my polled buck and I am REALLY hoping for some polled doelings. She has no bucky smell to her poll so maybe I will get lucky. ;-) :kidred: :kidred:

She will be 140 days on March 3 and 150 on March 14.

Here is her udder development at 130 days bred. I did a rough clip job to make it easier to keep an eye on how she is progressing. Her ligaments are soft and low but I can still find them without trouble. Her rear around the tail head has that Jello feel to it as well. Not too long now. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the rest of her. :wink:

[​IMG]

She is a good girl on the milkstand. Lol, she learned very quickly that she gets grain and cookies if she hops up to have her udder area handled. She has always squatted down to let me handle her udder so hopefully she will be a quick learner when I actually start milking her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple pre-hairball pics. :wink:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!
    Tracy

edited to update the thread title.

2. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Re: Vera's kidding thread - day 131 today!

She is gorgeous, I really like her color alot. I wish you good luck and hope she has you some :kidred: :kidred:

3. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Thanks Joanie! She has more filling to do in the udder department and her tail head is still jello with low ligs. Pooch is getting puffier too. :thumb:

I need to post my other two bred does also but that has to wait until after work. :wink:

Tracy

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I agree she is beautiful.... :love: and coming along nicely ...can't wait to see those kids... :hi5: :thumb:

5. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Thanks Pam. :)

Ok, now to add the other two girls into the mix. :greengrin:

Next up is Java, who is at day 126 today. Java's ligs are still firm and her tail head is only slightly squishy. The clipped udder pic is from 122 days. The others are from 112 days.

I am thinking probably one in there. Java is no where near as wide as either Snap or Vera. She is pretty deep tho so maybe she is hiding two? :scratch: Come on polled and moonspotted doeling if there is just one!

[​IMG]

I had not clipped her udder yet but she was less wiggly so the pic is a bit better. :p

[​IMG]

Some full body pics of the rest of Java.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A pre-fuzz ball pic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tracy

6. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA

What a pretty pretty group of does!!! Love the spots onJava.... You'll get some beautiful babies!!! Cant wait to see!

7. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

Aww she is gorgeous to where do you live lol. Cant wait to see babies.

8. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

My last doe due is Snappy. :) She is HUGE and due mid March. 140 days is March 20, 150 is March 130 days. Ligs are still tight and I am quite happy with how her udder is coming along. :thumb:

Udder pics at 114 days. Her udder is attached over to where my fingers are in the picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pic at 104 days bred.
    [​IMG]

She is HUGE. I can feel at least two kids in there. There is one kicking up over her rumen and I can feel another at the same time on the right near her udder. Lol, they go nuts when put both hands on either side of her belly and talk into her side. ;-) She is deep now too. Lol, any guesses?

[​IMG]

Snappy's full body pics.

This one is a bit awkward but shows her belly depth.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her pre-fuzz ball pics.

[​IMG]

Kid pic.
    [​IMG]

Snappy has the same sire as Runaround's buck, Puff Daddy, and I would be thrilled if her kids are as cute as his kids so far. :love:

Tracy

9. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Re: Vera, Java, and Snappy's kidding thread. All due in Marc

Thanks Milk N Honey and WalnutGrove (Joanie). I love my girls. :love:

Joanie, Lol, I am in south eastern MI just north of Ann Arbor. :wink: I am soooo hoping for lots of moonspots from Java.

Tracy

10. maple hill farm tina

maple hill farm tina Senior Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Rich Patch, Virginia
    Re: Vera, Java, and Snappy's kidding thread. All due in Marc

Such pretty girls!!!

11. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    New pics of Vera, Snappy, and Java.

Thanks Tina. :greengrin:

Here are a couple more recent pics of the girls.

Vera's ligs are still mushy and low feeling and I can almost touch my fingers under her tail head. It is very easy to palpate the processes on her spine now too. Her udder is a little fuller but is not yet tight by any means. She had some slight yellowish discharge yesterday and this morning she had a thick whiteish mucus that I think is her mucus plug.

A pic at 136 days pregnant.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Her pooch at 136 days with the yellowish discharge.
    [​IMG]

Java is at 129 days today. She has very slight discharge, ligs are still tight, muscles are still pretty firm, and her udder has a lot of filling to do. :) Does anyone think she could have twins in there? She was squirmy and did not want to hold still for pics yesterday so I only got the one decent pic. ;-)

Pic at 128 days bred.
    [​IMG]

Last up is Snappy. :love: I am very pleased with how her udder is coming along and so far it looks like she will have the best udder of my group of girls. It is high, has a nice wide area of attachment at this stage of development, and already the size of Vera's udder. Ligs are tight, booty muscles are firm, she has had a white thick discharge with no odor and lost her mucus plug last week.

Pics at 120 days bred.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!
    Tracy

12. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Re: Vera, Java, and Snap's thread. Vera has white discharge

Ooooo! Vera has a white discharge now that looks pretty much exactly like elmer's glue. It is thick enough to string down from her vulva. I don't think it is the mucus plug, she lost an obvious goober about two days ago that was quite thick. Is this a pre-labor sign? Is she getting close, as in maybe later today or tonight?

I am waiting for my pics to load from the camera so I can attach a pic and will edit this post as soon as they upload.

She did not have this when I fed this am. It started after I let the girls out of their pens to run around inside the barn (ugh, freezing rain!) after I put her up on the milkstand to take udder pics. No amber colored goo yet, just the white glue looking stuff.

Ligaments are so low that I can barely make them out after careful palpating of the area. Vulva is reddish and puffy. Udder is not strutted or shiney yet but is noticeably fuller. Sides may be a touch more dropped but not extreme. I do not see any other obvious labor signs yet, although she is licking her lips a little more then normal. Could be the animal cookies though. :wink: :scratch:

I came back up to the house for now and am listening to her on my baby moniter. Nothing odd sounding yet. I can hear quiet munching. :)

These will be my first goat kids ever. So excited!!! :stars: :leap:

Thanks so much in advance!!! I love all the great advice on this forum. :greengrin:

Tracy

13. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009

Lovely girls!

14. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Here are the pics. So excited!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I love your goats...very nice indeed...can't wait to see the kiddo's.... which will be soon.. :thumb: :greengrin: :love:

16. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Thanks Pam. I can't wait!!! :love: :leap:

Lol, just quiet munching from the goats and annoyed horse sounds on the moniter at the moment. They want out but there is still freezing rain coming down right now. :sigh:

Tracy

17. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Vera is not making a move toward kidding yet. The white discharge is gone for now and she is happily munching away at her hay. I went out to sit with her for a while and just got back in. No sign of contrations yet. She has a tiny bit of amber colored stuff on the vulva area but not the amber goo I have seen in pics or any streaming at all. Vulva is even puffier though. She is her normal attention sponge self, no behavior changes. So for now I am keeping an eye and ear on her. :chin: Lol, I think she just wants the extra attention. :greengrin:

Tracy

18. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon

They can lose their plug (the white stuff) weeks before kidding.

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

The wait....is so frustrating I know..... we watch and we wait.. :hug: :hair: :wink:

20. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Thanks Firelight. :greengrin: I was not sure if it was the plug or not. She had lost a thick snotty opaque goober that I thought was the plug a couple days ago. This glue looking discharge made me wonder if it was the white pre-kidding goo that I had seen on some kidding pictorials. :p

Out of curiousity, are you the same Firelight that posts on the horsegroomingsupplies forum?

Tracy