The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I bought a mother and daughter nubians. Both were supposed to be bred. The age was 6 on the mother and daughter was 3 . The moth.ers started to have a cough. She was dragging up went out to check on her she stopped eatting and drinking took her to vet she died there he was not sure what was wrong. The daughter just past today. The only symptom was a cough then slowly getting worse. The daughter was wormed regularly and very healthy. Stoped eatting and was very drawn up and dehydrated trying to eat but you could tell she was not feeling well. What could of caused such a thing. IMnot sure what is going on I have other goats and I dont want anything to happen to them.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My husband just buried the daughter . I'm going to make a few calls tomorrow and see who is the best goat vet in my area. I have 2 milk breed goats and my sons 2 lil show goats. I'm going to take them and get them a full check up.

· Super Moderator
16,603 Posts
That is strange it was that far apart but yet the same thing. I wouldn't think it was a sickness.....could be wrong but I would think more along the lines of lung worms. I would for sure watch the others and if they even think about having the same symptoms take them to the vet.....make sure a fecal is included.

· Super Moderator
36,683 Posts
I agree... aneocropsy would be good, to be sure nothing has spread to your herd, As Goathiker suggested CAE is a possibility...

So very sorry for your losses

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After reading up on the CAE I suspected it after the mother died. The daughter has had trouble getting around and her feet were in awful shape I thought it was from her previous owner not taking care of her feet. No matter how much I trimmed her the feet were growing wrong. She was having trouble getting around. Some days were good others not so good.So I'm thinking CAE. I took her to be bred almost 5 mo ago.she was babyless I check her to try and save the baby's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.