very happy

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatshows, Jan 18, 2009.

1. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    My milk test Records just came in and My doe Emily got her milk star in butterfat and she can potentally get it in fluid milk too. she only needs to milk 22 pounds of milk until she gets her milk star in fluid milk!!! after i send in paper work she will be a 2*d

2. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    :stars: Yaay Emily-way to go! :stars: Congrats all the way around. I looked at your website and Emily is quite the accomplished doe.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is so awesome! Emily is very accomplished! I've always admired her. :) Wish we could do milk testing. . . . still researching it. :)

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratultions! Good girl you have there!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    And again this is not official until the end of her lactation. I love Emily she is such a great doe; she is a great mom, milker, a pro in the show ring, and have the temperament that anyone could adore!

Again I am a new herd in development (I only own 2 does, and only have one registered kid out there). That’s how it starts is getting great does or even good does and getting better. And Emily and Naomi are just that. They are grate does to start a herd.

7. jazlyn

jazlyn New Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Mississippi
    Yay! Keep us posted! :)

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    How much is she milking in a day?? I am not sure if it is even an option for me as I don't know how much the girls need to milk to even think about qualifying.

9. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    she milks about a pound a day now. before she was milking about 2 pounds a day(she kidded in april08).

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Nice - where did you go to research what you needed to do to get started and what not?

Since I will have a pound and gram scale - I can weigh milk production and see what we are getting this year on the nigis.

11. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    you can go to the AGS website. they have an area that talks about milk test. I believe