The Goat Spot Forum banner

Very Odd Baby

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Shelly 
#1 ·
I've mentioned before Poseidon, born with the bad legs. He had a bit of congestion in his lungs earlier this month which we got under control. He has bad legs but they are straightening out. Today I brought him in the house just to play with him since he's the sweetest of the kids, and I looked down and saw him pooping out a gooey, cloudy in some parts and clear in others, substance. What is this!! I'm panicking!

#11 ·
I just read somewhere that kids with runs before 3 weeks are likely eColi, and after 3 weeks then cocci. I have no idea or experience, but thought it was an interesting statement. Wonder how true. Good luck. Not sure about the shots you mentioned. Di-Methox is for cocci ya? and then you mentioned that you did antibiotics, should have treated e-coli? I may be totally lost. Can someone clarify the shots, what was given and what they are for.
Hang in there, it's so hard having sick babies. (Hug)

#15 ·
Now that I look at the symptoms of ecoli they don't match up. My babies aren't acting sick. If anything they seem more active than usual. Their poop isn't light, it's now just the color of regular poop. The mothers are on a feed that have medication against cocci in it. What in the world could it be? The babies just started eating solid food and I've recently noticed that they will eat all this junk they find on the ground, from things like feathers to old leaves. Could it just be these new food habits that are making them have the runs? Should I treat for ecoli just in case?

#16 ·
I would get a fecal done by the vet.

The cost of the fecal to me is worth it. You may spend all sort of money and time on "treatments" that don't work or are not necessary.

By getting one fecal done you can eliminate or determine what may or may not be going on with your kids.

Just my :2cents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.