Very odd request...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Would anyone be willing to save their goat's beards for me when they trim them? I am wanting to make some crafts out of it, and I won't have enough. Buck's beards are ok as well. I don't mind the smell, and I will shampoo it anyway.

Thanks in advance...

Dayna

2. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I will try to remember. I usually clip beards when I trim udders for kidding which will be mostly Feb & March for me. Should I just throw them in a ziplock bag?

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    lol, I dont trim beards on my bucks, but may i ask...what are you making?

4. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I don't trim on my bucks either but some of my girls have little beards with their big fluffy winter coats.

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Thank Karen, yes, Ziplock bag is fine. Whethers, and buck's are the best though, they are course enough for most of te stuff I want to use it for. You know horse-hair pottery? Well, I'm going to do goat hair pottery. LOL But I need to save up quite a bit of it first.

6. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    since I didn't know what it was I googled it.... very VERY COOL!
    Thought I'd share what I found....

"Horsehair pottery is a Native American art form that dates back years. As its name implies, it is made using hair from the tail and mane of a horse. It's said that a pueblo potter whose long hair blew against a piece of pottery she was removing from a hot kiln, stuck to the piece, first made horsehair pottery. The result was so interesting that she duplicated it with hair from a horse's tail."

Attached Files:

7. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    That is so cool! :thumbup: Can't wait to see what you make. Sorry, don't shave my bucks beard.