The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
make sure she's getting enough water. If she dehydrates, she's as good as dead. If she's not drinking you need to drench her multiple times a day (3-6x). One thing I discovered also is that it's difficult to drench them enough, so with my last one that was sick I also did warm water enimas (about 60-90 ml 3-5x per day). This prevented compaction of the feces. The added benefit is that the function of the colon is to extract water out of the feces, so any extra water that they don't poop out gets absorbed into the body. This helped save him.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey guys just keepin updated and it helps to get as much knowledge as possible . She has actually gotten up and grazed several times today I bought some rabbit food the vet recommended , also panacur and alfalfa/timothy hay , black sunflower seeds and gave her more red cell and still trying my best I have made some smoothies out of super greens plant protein . I just got b12 injectible about to do that .. please keep the ideas coming !! I am willing to do it all .

Premium Member
It sound like she鈥檚 responding, keep it up 馃榿
Anemic goats have trouble maintaining their temp so keep an eye on it. Just a heads up.

Super Moderator
21 - 36 of 36 Posts