The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
This broke my heart for you and for your family. You’ve been so kind and supportive and we’ll return the favor however we can. I can’t imagine what you’re going through. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please feel free to share, vent, or just talk about it here anytime. This is when I really wish I could reach right through the internet and wrap my arms around you.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm praying for you.
A second opinion is a good idea.
We have been dealing with my dad's stage 4 prostate cancer for almost 2 years now. It was hard to hear the news, but my siblings and I are so thankful he has been honest and open with us every step of the way. He is a really private person and usually keeps everything to himself. We are able to help him and take care of everything that needs to be done.
Sending lots of hope and strength your way!

·
Registered
Soon to have goats and pigs, and currentlyhave chickens and rabbits
56 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. I lost a grandparent, my parents, a sibling, and close friends to varying types of cancer. I don't know how I would handle telling my children, but I am grateful for those who shared their pain and grief with me. It gave us an opportunity to grow even closer and comfort each other in our grief. It is better to have a family meeting and tell them. There is nothing easy about it. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hugs and prayers to you. Remain hopeful and faithful.

·
8,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. It's only been 3 days since the grim diagnosis and feels like a life time!
I told my sons. (one in CA. one local) the girls are in NC and Cleve. I am waiting until tonight as one had a spousal birthday
yesterday and the other teaches and I know will be totally bonkers when she hears. (then the million questions will start, none of
which have answers!).

In the meantime- I milk tested 40 does, took the milk to the lab, am cleaning the barn for inspection and trying not to think! I'm already
tired of constant pain- I had no idea pancreases were so much trouble! darn things! :mad:

Thank you all again- I sure appreciate and need the support!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I read years ago that when something bad happens; think about what you would be doing if it hadn't happened... then do that.
It sounds like that is what you are doing by taking care of your goats. It often works for me.
I feel for you with the pain. Hopefully that is something your medical team will be able to help you manage. Your quality of life is very important.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Sorry isn't enough. I know my cousin was given less than a year to live after his bone cancer was found in a few parts of his body. He tried an experimental treatment that he believes has cured it, and it will stay at bay as long as he takes his medication. A neighbor was given 3 months to live with her brain cancer, but is still doing well about 6 years later after an experimental treatment. I don't want to give false hope, though, because you never know if you will qualify for an experimental treatment or how your own body will react. Trying and having great doctors are key. Of course, accepting it is also honorable in the face of retiring from life earlier than you planned. Wishing you strength! You might not want to let go of the things you have been doing with the goats. Who knows, maybe they will help be a distraction and give your family something to carry on if the worst comes.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
7,735 Posts
I agree with everyone. Drs are not GOD! They give you their educated opinion. They give direction. They are human and are capable of making errors. Yes that got me in alot of trouble in med school. K? Lol Faith brings miracles. Keep being you. Keep looking for the answer. Keep your mind open, and keep aware of the new methods happening every day. All of us are here for you. All of us care. You can tell us anything. Sending prayers!✝🛐

·
Registered
Soon to have goats and pigs, and currentlyhave chickens and rabbits
56 Posts
Miracles still happen!
Miracles really do happen. Being a nurse for 45 years, I have witnessed miracles. There is really good advice in these posts.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts