The Goat Spot Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
8,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well, did the Dr. visit today. Its about what I thought, but was hoping they would be more positive.
It is stage IV pancreatic cancer, has metastasized to the liver and lung. A biopsy will be preformed next week,
then palliative chemotherapy. (sounds like a feel good measure for the oncologist). So, basically, there is nothing
they can do. Why they can't remove all the pancreas and part of the liver is beyond my understanding.

So, I guess, I just keep on doing what I can, try and plan my limited future and hope maybe things aren't as grim as
they seem to be!

One of the hardest things is selling all my kids from this year. There are alot of kids that I have bred for for 14 years to get
to this point. But, son can't keep them all, way too many for 1 person- And my special goats- they really mean nothing to
anyone else. So, some will be put down, some will be sent to a sale and others, hopefully will go to pet homes.

Anyway- I guess, a good lesson is, you never know how much time you have- so enjoy what you do have and don't let
little stuff bother you- it just isn't worth it!

·
Super Moderator
34,555 Posts
While that's not the news you hoped to hear..it is an answer for you to build from. Don't give up hope, research. Find your own answers. Maybe to at least slow the process or make things more comfortable. The old saying, prepare for the worse but hope for the best is good for us all to remember. There is always hope until the end. A friend has been cancer free for 5 years found out its back. She's still fighting and not out of the game by any means but said she was greatful for 5 more years!
Hugs and prayers!!

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
7,693 Posts
I can not imagine the storm of emotions you are experiencing. Im grateful you are able to share with us. Its never easy esplaining to someone in shock, the disease of cancer, its many medical names. The destruction it can do, or how limited we are in our knowledge. Their are Special Drs, who can help. But none more than God. I have come to depend on him for many things. I agree, get the possesions down to workable for others. Sometimes your "special" ones are whom you will need. And time is an idea. Many exceede, others dont. All of us have an ending, you are just informed of yours. You have time to plan,prepare, and deal. The rest of us are in the blind. Im here for you, to support you in any way I can. I pray for you. My greatest & most powerful gift. 🛐

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Thank you so much for being so open and honest with us. I know it must be very hard.
I have been through this with friends and family members and the most we can do is be as supportive as possible.
I do hope you get a good pain management team as that can greatly improve your quality of life. Take time to express whatever you are feeling; at the top of your lungs if that's what works for you.
We will be keeping positive thoughts for you and your family including any special goats.
Like you said, none of us know what tomorrow will bring. Each day is precious.💐

·
Registered
*Gotta love ‘em kids!*
2,220 Posts
I’m sorry you didn’t get the news you wanted. Have you heard of stem cell therapy? They had something about it on the news with cancer patients saying it saved their lives. (I know nothing about it, but thought it wouldn’t hurt to mention) Don’t loss hope! We are continuing to pray for you!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I’m sorry it was just more bad news. My heart breaks for you. I agree with Jessica and others who have said to keep the goats that are most special to you. If you want to get places lined up for them, that would be fine, as long as the understanding is that as long you’re there, so are they.

Your determination to keep going every day and face all that confronts you and move forward regardless leaves me in awe of your strength of character. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
So sorry I am just now seeing this. Praying for you and your family. I will be praying for a miracle and hoping the chemo goes well. One thing mom learned when in chemo was eat using plastic spoons and forks. Apparently chemo can leave a metallic taste in your mouth and using metal spoons and forks increases the metal taste of foods. Please live life to the fullest and hope for the best! Look for all available options and stay strong. We all care for you deeply here and are praying long and hard for you!

Sometimes they will plan chemo for a length of time to shrink everything before trying to remove any if it. But also certain types have been know to spread faster when exposed to oxygen once opened up. So trust their current opinion not to do surgery just yet. I don't say that to worry you but to provide a possible reason to their treatment plan.

Praying!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Oh, how frightening! I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this - I can’t even begin to imagine what I would do in your shoes. I hope your doctors can help you and that your body responds well to your treatment. I hope you start to feel a bit better and can continue to thoroughly enjoy your life, whether it be for a relatively short while, or for many more years. Your attitude is inspiring.

I also think maybe it would be good to hold on to your special goats. After all, even when things seem very bad, you never really know what’s going to happen until it happens. And having them around might make things a bit better. That said, you know your situation better than any of us, so you should do what you feel is best.

❤❤❤

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,357 Posts
My aunt had cancer and my mom got her a medicine that shrunk the cancers. They tried everything and FINALLY this natural medicine worked. She finally started getting better- and better. She said it was getting too expensive and stopped taking it. And you know what? She died after that. It was helping her and then she stopped she passed soon after. My mom is gonna ask my grandma for the name of it as she can't remember. I'll let you know the name of this amazing medicine when my grandma tells my mom.

·
Registered
492 Posts
My aunt used this stuff called Black Salve. It’s supposed to draw it out. She had bad sinus pressure and could feel it drawing across. So that is something to look at, but where yours is spread wide, it may not be best option as it’s pretty crazy.
My friend has stage 4 colon cancer that’s spread and my mom told me to have them look up the hydrogen peroxide method. An old guy the drs had given up any hope for pancreatic cancer used it and healed himself.
There’s so much out there, it’s hard to know what could be a good possibility to help. I think doing what drs say as well as homeopathic treatments in combination and really boosting up your immune system.
I hate even making suggestions since I know you are probably constantly getting different things thrown at you and have so much to deal with.
I’ll just keep praying 🙏 ❤🙏

·
8,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Thanks all. It is good to know I am not alone in this fight. I'm trying to be strong for DH, he is devastated. But, man, it is a scary journey, for sure!
I am not on the computer much, it is hard to sit for long- standing or laying works best. But, I do appreciate all your thoughts and prayers! Thank you.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts