The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out this morning to find that Juliet had deliver triplets, two were standing and mostly dry and one very tiny baby just laying there , I thought he was dead but saw slight breathing, he’s very weak I’ve never had to deal with a weak baby what do I do? We milked mom and gave him a few syringes of milk and he perked up a bit he can stand but not for long, his breathing seems a bit fast but I don’t know if that’s normal or not, we’ve brought him inside because mom wanted nothing to do with him, what can I do to help save this little boy
Dog Felidae Liver Wood Comfort

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How much colostrum does he need, he weighs like 1 pound and 3 ounces, we gave him about 9 cc of colostrum, crossing my fingers that wasnt too much granite half of it just ran out of his mouth

·
Super Moderator
35,076 Posts
Colostrum is more forgiving than milk. Try for at least 10 % of his body weight in oz. So 1 pound 3 oz would be 19 oz..so 1.9oz a day or 2 oz to make it easy..split into 4 to 6 small meals.
Give a tiny pinch if cayenne pepper in a little honey to help perk him up. Stand him often to help build muscles.

·
Super Moderator
35,076 Posts
I would get him taking a bottle asap. Less chance of him aspirating his milk.

A little selenium and vit e wouldn't hurt along with cod liver oil.

·
Super Moderator
35,076 Posts
Great news and good job

·
Super Moderator
35,076 Posts
It is hard loosing them. We can only do so much..nature can be cruel..but seems this little guy was found just in time.

·
Registered
I miss my ducks
5,534 Posts
Awesome news! Great job! Also, make sure he poops and pees regularly. I wouldn't put him back out with mom, I'd keep inside as a bottle baby until he was big enough to go out.

·
Registered
939 Posts
He’s adorable- so good to hear he’s doing better and happily reunited with mama. It sounds like it’s all working out 🥰
I’d just keep them contained in smaller area for a couple of days to make sure she doesn’t wander to far that he tires out trying to stay up with her.
Good job and congratulations on the cutie/s 😉

1 - 17 of 17 Posts