Vet papers?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Thanatos, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    My father-in-law seems to think i need to get my animals "vetted" in order to move them across the country. has anyone heard or know anything about this?

BTW the vetted thing is a clean bill of health sighed by a vet, a horse person told him that. I want to know so I can do it asap if I have to.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Your moving to PA right? Every state has different laws on this. This site will give you each states individual laws: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export ... ates.shtml

Mostly likely you will need a health certificate dated within 30 days of moving the goats along with Brucellosis(sp) and TB testing.

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I looked at the site I couldn't find anything about state to state stuff it was all about International :shrug: I will call the state vet guy tomorrow

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It's in the drop down box near the bottom of the page. Underneath the follow words: "To locate Import regulations for a particular state, please select the appropriate State from the following list:"

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    its good to have it just in case you get stopped along the way.

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Anytime you cross state lines you should have a Health Certificate. This applies for shows, moving etc. Just in case you get stopped. Some people do it without but its a risk should you get pulled over.

7. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Yep I will get with the only vet here who does goats(that I can find :( ) now I gotta figure out how the chickens fall in here. the stuff i found will make movin them cost prohibitive. :(

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Hun We are in PA. I knwo we needed papers for the ponies we just got but we do not have any for the goats. Let me ask my boss. She would know. She dose all the legal stuff for the company.

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    We have done health certificates in the past for our goats.

10. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Called my one vet. They said its $45 for 5 animals then $5 each after that plus blood draw and lab fees. They havent called me back yet with a price.