The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a vet that will sign off on online Rx orders for them? I'd really like to get a bottle of lute, but the pirates out here want $70 for the tiny 30ml bottle! If I were able to order it online, I can get the 100ml one for about $60.
If anyone has a vet that is willing to okay a bottle of lute for you can you PM me? I'd be more than happy to pay you for it, shipping, etc, and send you some soaps when my supplies get here :)

·
Super Moderator
82,212 Posts
Unfortunately, you will have to go see a vet for that and establish a vet/patient relationship. Legally a vet cannot subscribe meds to those who they have no history with and must at least see the animal(goat) once a year minimum.

Take in a goat for a checkup or health certificate. Then inquire about Lute. The vet may or may not issue you a bottle. All vets are different.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I get mine from my small animal vet. He doesn't write prescriptions but he ordered the lute, oxytocin and Banamine for me and cahrged me what he paid for them. Do you have a vet who will do that for you?

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
As lute can directly effect a pregnant woman OR be used by young girls as a morning after solution, not likely to just get an ok from a vet. Not likely a vet would risk his lively hood so someone can save a little money.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a ton of horse vets out here who won't have anything to do with any other animals, then there's the strictly only dog and cat vets, and two livestock vets. One of which billed me $60 for taking on the phone with her, and the other swore up and down I had a horrible disease in my horses and I'd never have another foal born again (at least 20 foals later here now). She came out to look at my contracted foal, who also had some mild diarrhea, so I gave him some kaopectate to stop it up and she thought he had bloody diarrhea and she's never came back out, but she's the one that charges $70 for the 30ml bottle of lute.

I might have a chance to order a bottle online though, I just remembered that DH's nephew is a small animal vet, so he might be willing to write a prescription for a bottle.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,457 Posts
My vet won't give a script, but fill a syringe with the exact dose I need and sell me that.

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
^ my vet does that for most things, unless I ask for a whole bottle, I most of the time (depending on which dr it is lol) get a weird look and then and ok... Lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts