VetServUSA

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by sweetgoats, Jul 6, 2010.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    If you used them, I figured I would make sure you know before you really need them.

They were shut down.

Some vet from Calif, called and complained and they were ordered a Cease and Desist order June 11th.

Here is a notice I received.

Some vet in California complained to the State Pharmacy
    >Board that VSUSA
    > was selling directly to end users, and they were served
    >with a Cease &
    > Desist Order on June 11. I spoke with the manager, who
    >told me that
    > he was shocked at this turn of events. Apparently the
    >State Pharmacy
    > Board interpreted the controlling law differently from
    >what VSUSA's
    > counsel advised them. Many people are out of jobs and he
    >is wondering
    > how his daughter will be able to stay in college since
    >there is zero
    > income.
    >
    > When you are in business, being right is only half the
    >fight. Being able
    > to afford to fight those who want to put you out of
    >business is the
    > bigger issue. Just another way that some people use
    >government to
    > squelch their competition.
    >
    > I am told by reliable sources that some goat producers
    >bragged publicly
    > that they bought medications for their own human use
    >from VSUSA. We can
    > thank such idiots for bringing unwanted attention to
    >this company and
    > for damaging all of us. VetServUSA was a valuable
    >resource for goat
    > raisers.

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Somebody was buying and using ANIMAL medications for human use? *(*^*&%&*_%$ stupid idiots

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    unfortunately - alot of "animal" meds are the same as human meds and so they do that - it sucks.

I had mentioned about a month ago that they had been stripped of their RX abilities - as I had bought some SMZ for my animals and went to purchase more just over a week later and it was all gone, so i emailed them.

This really sucks, as now we are going to be charged out the ying yang for meds - IF we can even convince a vet to give us what we need..... since most have no stinking clue how / what to use to treat a goat!

4. zoomom

zoomom New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Well if we gave bad ratings to vets (like the person that mentioned the kid fresh out of college that 'knew' more than she did) we would likely get in trouble for slander, but what if we posted a 'really good vets' list with their city/state?

My regular vet admits he doesn't know squat about goats and referred me to another vet. I don't know yet if he is a really good vet, but he seems ok. (all i had so far was first exam, blood work, shots, and he dehorned my one year old doe - she didn't get an infection,and it looks pretty good except for a small scur coming back, so i rate him as compentant so far)

Anyway is that possible? (separate posting i would think though)

5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    That is just horrible. Some cidiot (not meant to include everyone that lives in a city please) couldn't keep their ignorant trap shut. I see a LOT of animals going without life-saving medication because the cost of the vet fee to obtain the meds far out-weighs the cost of the med needed.

I have used their service at least half a dozen times in the last year for an injured horse. There is no way I could have afforded her treatment if I had to pay the vet to come out each time I needed a med refill. I hope they are able to get back in business, even if they must tighten the info required before they will sell a medication to anyone other than a DVM.

6. zoomom

zoomom New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    well hopefully no one will complain about tsc next. My vet charges $17 apiece for the cd/t shot - i already got them dosed once this year, but then found out they needed to be boosted right before delivery. I know we have to take care of our animals, but sometimes i cannot believe the markup

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    friggin figures..... This is why I hate CA... it seems we have nothing but idiots living here. <SIGH> I'd like to know WHO the vet was that had them shut down becuase they need to pay for any animals I loose in the future due to not having ANY competent vets in my area and now no access to meds. The vet closest to me tried to charge me $300 PER goat to do blood draws for CAE, CL and Johnes testing...... needless to say I wouldn't dream of giving them my business. Calling out the Lynch mob!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :hair:

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Seriously?....That sucks!

10. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Aw man! I had just gotten registered and planned to order from there! That stinks!

11. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    I think they have started checking all the online vet supplies. Things that used to be on are "no longer in stock".

12. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    It's unfortunate, but I knew from the original posting for this site that it would eventually be caboshed because there is always someone that can't keep their mouth shut. I ordered whatever I could possibly think of (about 8 different meds) that can only be obtained from a DVM around here. I spent less on all of them together than the cost of a trip to a vet that doesn't know much about goats in the first place.

Still, it's a great loss for those of us that don't have reliable or affordable veterinary care in our area.