The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
This guy looks like Candice's buck... one of the members on here. :D

I like his heavy bone, and I like his head and horn set. I wish he was longer and I'd like to level out his top. Overall he's not bad! He doesn't look real wide but I can't tell from the pictures.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That would be cool, if it where hers I know she takes good care of her animals.

I wish he had more color... do you guys find it better to buy a spring buckling or an adult buck? I am really wanting to get a registered buck for next season.

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant a 2014 buckling, :)

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Well then that would depend on the number of does you would breed him to. :) If he's 7-8 months come breeding season, I wouldn't give him a ton of does... 5-10 at the most. A mature buck could cover a whole herd, so if their quality was the same, I'd go with a mature buck.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That is her buck. No he isn't perfect but I've seen a lot worse sell for more. I say good luck finding better here in the Midwest for less money. And getting it from another member gives that comfort of knowing he was taken care of.

·
14,802 Posts
LOL I am just seeing this. Yep, that is our buck! We weren't going to sell him, we had planned to keep him until next fall and use him for 2 breeding season's, but with everything going on with our house, we just can't get his pen/shelter done any time soon :(

He's really nice, here's his ABGA # 10623359

He's been on full pasture since he was young, and is on pasture/hay now, and has maintained himself really well.
More grain would certainly bulk him up.

·
1,524 Posts
I agree with the others, topline and length are a bit weak, but I like him too. That neck in incredible, its so thick!!!!! If I still had Boers, he would be wecome in my herd!

Personally, I would prefer a proven buck over a young, unproven one also.

HoosierShadow, maybe you could work a deal to breed your does with the new buyer?

·
Legacy Lane
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like him a lot, trying to find the funds now.. oh and convince the hubby that I need him lol!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts