The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two goats that have ruff coats and a 4-5 famacha score. I am trying to pull a fecal this evening if I can. Do you think a couple of days of B-Complex shots would be in order to help boost their rumen system before I get the test results back? They average around 80 lbs each. Maybe 6 ml each for 3 days (once a day?)

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'd go ahead and deworm if the famacha is a 4-5. I don't know how long it will take you to get the results of the fecals back, but they can go down pretty quick at that level. Maybe give them a dose of red cell 6 cc per 100lbs to help with anemia. The b vitamins will boost energy and help with apetite if they are not eating too.

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,511 Posts
Doesn't hurt to do B - but it sounds like worms. I would give red cell for sure.

Double dose 3x daily or triple dose 2x daily of DWA and GI Soother until you get your fecals back.

One time daily make:
1 teaspoon of cayenne, cinnamon, slippery elm bark powder, and ginger (can be substituted for a slice of raw ginger the size of a quarter about 1/2 cm thick). Blend with 1 raw clove of garlic, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and enough water to drench.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.