The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or buckling who can breed my 2 young does this year. Not "show" but quality/healthy. I'm in snohomish co. And I have 250. Is that even possible?
Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
you have 250 does? there is a meat herd over here in Montana, but this is 500 miles from you I bet. pretty sure they've got some lovely boers (with a buck farm not far from me, in Arlee). Smokeridge.net

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Hmmmm.... I'll let you know if I think of anyone in your area that could have a nice buck for sale for around $250. :)

No one comes to mind at the moment... but I'll think about it!

Have you checked craigslist?

·
14,615 Posts
You can get coverage for less than 250 on two does & not have to feed him.
Honestly I wouldn't buy a buck for only two girls.

·
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean...but my last WADDL testing was 2011, so that means paying for testing the herd again before, and then buck service fees... It begins to ad up...

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
It does add up, but we do yearly testing, and most people are going to want a tested goat- some may ok just testing the two -you'd just have to talk to them. At the same time I'm sure you'd want the buck to be tested as well if your's are clear. Yes you could check CL like mentioned.
I'm not sure how close port orchard is but if you want to pm me I could give you the name of a lady that has a buck- I believe she went ahead and registered him FB w/ usbga

1 - 8 of 8 Posts