of the wagon and it still be able to turn corners(i dont have a horse
wagon to look at...). i was hopeing to train up 4 goats to pull it so
it could be a little bigger and hold a couple of hay bales or bigger
stuff.

·
627 Posts
on phone with brother
Amish "expert"
he says the harness is attached to the front axel and there is a pivot pin in the middle of the front axel that allows the front wheels to turn and then the buggy and rear wheels follow just like a front wheel drive car - sort of
i was drawing on my paint proggy as he was explaining
lol
draw a "U"
the 'critters' (as my brother would say - lol) go between the open end
on the 2 bottom corners add wheels
in the middle of the "U" bottom add a little platform (?) with a pin
the trailer/buggy/whatever sets on the pin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a little intimidating for me to try to build something from a picture.... but seeing as i don't have the cash to just go out and buy me a wagon i guess i should just have a go at it huh? it'll be a good learning experience!! ..... or so i keep telling myself... :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
There is a member - Adam? -who makes and sells goat harnesses for carts- he might have more info but I haven't seen him post in quite awhile. Maybe someone here remembers his online name so she can email him?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I would imagine you could look at a Radio Flyer, children's wagon to get some ideas. They have a pivoting axle in the front.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My TS sells a huge wagon that is just the right size for 4 goats for under $200. I was looking at it last night and it could even be slept in it you put up sides.

·
967 Posts
I got a $70 four wheeled garden cart from TSC. I just took the handle of and put some welded shafts on it. I'm sure wood shafts would work too. It is only a one goat wagon but I know you can bigger ones just like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts