The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
Myotonic and Nigerian dwarf goats
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’m getting my first LGD,
Slate! He is a male, Anatolian shepherd x Great Pyrenees mix. I’m extremely excited to get him home and start training! I haven’t gotten a “new” dog in a few years! And because my Australian cattle dog is getting older, I decide she could use some help guarding, she isn’t a LGD but guards the whole property. I’ll be picking him up when he is 10 weeks, and he’ll be out in the pasture with mama and dad for 3 weeks learning a bit beforehand, goodness I haven’t trained a pup in so long 😂but I’ve done a lot of training research, well I still am, and I think I got it down path 🤔 any tips is appreciated btw.

goat are doing good, Oakley, Willow and Mona got there first set of cdt, cdt is so hard to come by right now at our TSC 🤦‍♀️ I may get a big bottle from online if I still can’t find any In A few weeks since the adults need booster 🙄

·
Registered
147 Posts
That’s so exciting! I hope to get my own LGD one day, but currently haven’t run into any predator problems so I don’t see the need to. That’s such a cute pup!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any reason why this babies tummy would be so fat? Worms?
This pic doesn’t show it well, she looks pot bellied, not to mention my camera strap photo bombing 😒 anyhow here is some more pictures of these crazy goats 😂

blurry picture of Jupiter trying to fly

Callie caught mid-munch

rare photo of the elusive flying goat’s in action

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update on the doe’s I’m getting
Marley is doing good! Annabelle...not so much she had some worm problems and after her bucklings were sold she went in to what is believed to have been depression 😢 she’s better! But not 100%. Still don’t have a pick up date, but that’s fine, I want this girl feeling and looking good before she comes home!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
😱 Slate is growing like a weed 🌱! He is 10 lbs at almost 6 weeks ! Such a handsome man!

not gonna lie he looks so unamused in that last pic! 😂 we plan to pick him up at 10-11 weeks, btw

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad news about Annabell.
I probably won’t be getting her anytime soon, she’s not gotten any better since her bout with depression (from her kids being sold) and a bad load of worms. It is possible we will be bring home Marley, but I haven’t decided yet. I hold nothing against the seller, this was Annabell’s 2 kidding and she had no problems with her first (depression wise) so who could’ve known she’d get Like this. I’m praying she gets better.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He's beautiful! I can't wait to see him more grown up.
Me neither! I’m very excited to see how he looks in person, and as a adult! He’s in West Virginia so a vist isn’t possible to meet him I’m person 😂 but a trip to get a cute puppy will be fun! Maybe not on the way back 🙉 if I know anything about puppies I bet he’ll be screaming his head off on the way back! Lol 😂

Reactions: FizzyGoats

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,872 Posts
Me neither! I’m very excited to see how he looks in person, and as a adult! He’s in West Virginia so a vist isn’t possible to meet him I’m person 😂 but a trip to get a cute puppy will be fun! Maybe not on the way back 🙉 if I know anything about puppies I bet he’ll be screaming his head off on the way back! Lol 😂
He may cry a little at first but he'll likely settle down after a while. My male anatolian cried only for the first few minuets and then didn't say a word for the rest of the hours ride home. My female never made a peep, but just looked sad the whole time. 😄😌

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have some bad news to report.​
AnnaBelle was put down today, she fought her fight but the barber pole won. Marley is coming home next week, it was for the best, she was getting weaker and crying out in pain. medicine wasn’t working the vet and seller tried a huge array of dewormers but she was too far gone.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We’re going to pick up Marley this weekend, although I’m sad about Annabelle, i know there’s nothing that could have been done to help since she was too far gone.

Reactions: toth boer goats
1 - 20 of 68 Posts