Waiting for a sign from Minnie

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Suellen, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Minnie is our papered Alpine:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mac is the papered Alpine she had a date with:
    [​IMG]
    I think she is asking him where the flowers are.
    [​IMG]

She has 150 days on June 1, 2, 3 or 4. We are just waiting for a sign. Ligs are getting softer. Udder is not full enough. She will probably pick Thursday because that's when DJ and I are planning to take one of our dogs to the doggie ophthalmologist in Vegas (we live in So. Utah). This is a 4-5hour trip each way. Sam dog has glaucoma and is loosing his sight. :( Very sad he is only 5 and a story for another time.

Back to Minnie Think PINK
    :girl:

Suellen

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well I hope she has some :girl: :girl: for you! I don't think she'll wait for you to get back though. :wink: But there's always hope!

And I'm so sorry about your dog. I have an 18 year old mutt who is loosing his sight and hearing. :( I will pray for you!

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I hope twin girls for you!! Sorry to hear about your dog, hopefully she'll wait till you are home to kid :)

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Good luck!!! Hope you get some doelings!!!

5. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    I think Minnie will only have :girl: This is her first time. The picture of her above was taken only a week ago. If she has 2 they will be small.

Suellen

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I do hope she waits for you....and she may surprise you and give you :girl: :girl: . Your pup is very young to have the eye problems, sorry he's going thru this now and I hope it can be fixed.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The pic of the buck made me laugh - that is cute!!!

Good luck to you on your appointment - and have a safe trip!

I hope she kids before or after for you with :girl: :girl:

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh she could easily have twins at that size -- dairy goats hide them well.

I hope she kids before you leave or just when you get home :pray:

9. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Thank you all for thinking about my dog.

Minnie has been having very small contractions. The kind that make a goat go :? Her ligs are softer than this morning, her udder has not filled out and she has no discharge. I don't know if she will go tonight or not. I will be the one to get up during the night to check on her. Tomorrow DJ will take Sam dog by himself to the vet. If DJ has to get up in the middle of the night to help with the birthing he will call and reschedule the vet appointment.

Keep Thinking PINK

Suellen

10. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    UPDATE: The only thing that has change is I think her contractions are getting closer together. :? :sigh: :scratch: :hair: :GAAH: :ZZZ:

Think PINK :girl:

Suellen

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh I do not miss those days. Enjoying the kiddos is so much better :greengrin:

12. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    I am so glad that Minnie is our last one to kid :)

Think PINK

Suellen

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Where in Utah do you live? My mom lives in St George and she goes to Vegas all the time. I was just wondering.

14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Pretty doe, great pic of the buck, he looks pretty satisfied with himself! Thinking :girl: :girl: for you, along with an easy birthing!

15. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    UPDATE: Not a lot of progress. Ligs still squishy, udder not full and I can still see little contractions that make her go :?

I live about 25 miles north of Cedar City near Parowan out in the middle of nowhere on 20 acres with my husband, 3 dogs, 28 chickens, 25 baby chicks, 2 baby turkeys, 3 does, 1 wether kid, 1 doeling and another kid on the way. I love it! :love:

Keep Thinking PINK
    Suellen

16. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Update: No change! Minnie was with the buck January 2nd to 5th, 2008. Now 150 days would make it between March 31st and June 3rd. :hair: If she doesn't birth soon when do I need to take action and what would that be?

Keep Thinking PINK
    Think birthing soon! :girl:

Suellen

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Good luck!!! Hope you get a doeling or doelings soon! :)

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    by the 9th (156) if she hasn't kidded then I would call a vet to induce her basically. But she has time yet

19. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    Today will be day 154. She is a bit more swollen, has the tail curl, pants off and on and the udder is still not full.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I was up a couple times during the night to check on her. I am :ZZZ: because not only did I have to check on Minnie our sweet Sam dog had eye surgery and now is blind. He is in a lot of pain and part of the night I slept next to him. I was so happy when it was time to give him another pain pill.
    That's the :hair: the :) and the :tears: .

[​IMG]
    Sam before surgery. Now his eyes will be a solid dark brown

Keep Thinking PINK

Suellen

20. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    What a pretty dog, we have a blue heeler too :)