Waiting for Kittens!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by SandyNubians, Jun 21, 2019.

1. SandyNubians

SandyNubians Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Thought i would start this since it is seeming like it may get exciting soon! I got, Ajira, my kitty last year in may. She was 6 months when i got her and was advertised as "Spayed" brought her to the vet 3 weeks ago when she started to bloat and a cat group said she may have a blockage or worms and she should be seen. A few hours later they came in to show me the "blockage" in my spayed kitty. Well, that x-ray showed 4(maybe 5, we couldn't tell) kittens! I couldn't believe it and was in total shock. The vet techs were just laughing. So I have been watching her for signs, and starting about 5hours ago, she started to scream to come inside after i put her out for dinner. She has NEVER done that. She is super quiet. She ran right down stairs and into the guest room. She is super affectionate. That is also not like her. She is normally pretty shy. She is also cleaning her self a lot, pacing around a lot, and had some white discharge. She is a beautiful polydactyl. She has extra toes on all 4 feet(24 in total) and i read it is very rare for polydactyls to have it on the back feet and even more so to have it on all feet. Excited to see what she has. I already have homes waiting for 2 of them. Working on finding another home or 2 and I will be happy!

Here is the mama to be, first one was 2 weeks ago second one was yesterday while I was attempting to put her kitty sunscreen on.
    20190604_150341.jpg 20190619_092916.jpg

2. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Pretty girl! Good luck!

SandyNubians likes this.

3. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

A pretty cat. Miracle kittens.lol

NigerianNewbie and SandyNubians like this.
  4. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    Oh my lol! Surprise! I hope it was not a rescue that said she was spayed... if so shame on them. And shame even if it was not a rescue for tellin stories. But baby kitties!!!! Awwwwww. Have you made her a nice soft bed in a quiet place yet? Or maybe a big box cut down some. Just a nice cozy quiet spot that she might like to be mama in/at.

NigerianNewbie and SandyNubians like this.
  5. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    How exciting! I mean, I'm sorry you end up with a big vet bill to get her spayed later, but kittens are just so sweet. Wishing her a flawless birth and healthy litter! Don't forget, cats can come into heat and conceive again just days after delivery so be careful!

21goaties, Sfgwife, Dwarf Dad and 2 others like this.
  6. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    No, I got her off craigslist :hide: I know, bad idea. But i LOVE white cats and polydactyl was a plus. She was pretty cheap and I have male barn cats (not neutered) was gonna pass since she was female but they said that she was spayed so I got her. Last time I do that! I do have a nice little box for her. She seems to like under my bed more :haha: Silly cat.

Thank you! I am hoping her little kitties pay for most of it, as well as for their shots. My sister is giving me her care credit card to use. So I shouldn't have to worry about it too much. Oh no. Miss kitty is gonna be inside from now on until after she is spayed and healed up. No more kittens for her!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  8. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
  9. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Not yet. Just took her temp maybe 5, minutes ago. 100.1
    It has been between 100.9 and 100.4 these last 4 days so it is definitely a drop. Not a huge one. She is pretty much constantly cleaning herself and has some milk now. She also attacked her sister(she is actually spayed. Lol) when she walked by her. She has never done that before either. Been a long, LONG time since I have had a cat have kittens, but I think she is close?

toth boer goats and Sfgwife like this.
  10. Sfgwife

Sfgwife Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2018
    North Cakalaki
    If you have a humane society... call about a spay neuter program. They are usually half the price. Or even call barn cat places and see if they have any deals.. i mean technically she could be a barn cat right? ;).

SandyNubians and Dwarf Dad like this.
  11. spidy1

spidy1 Well-Known Member

here kitty kitty kitty!!!! she is cute!!!

SandyNubians likes this.
  12. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Sounds like a long pre-labor but all the normal changes! I would definitely expect her to get going soon!

SandyNubians likes this.
  13. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    She is acting the same as yesterday. She wants all the attention she can get! Took her temp a few minutes ago and it's at 99.8 so it looks like it is dropping! She is still eating quite a bit though and I read they stop eating 24hrs before. So maybe tomorrow.

14. cristina-sorina

cristina-sorina Well-Known Member

May 4, 2018
    Northeast Ohio
    What a surprise! She's very pretty, I can see why you wanted her! Good luck with the upcoming delivery

SandyNubians likes this.
  15. SandyNubians

Feb 18, 2017
    Idaho
    Thank you! Yes, she sure surprised me! I was in denial at first but pretty sure a bunch of kitten skeletons don't lie!

Temp before bedtime is 99.1
    Getting closer! She was actually in her box too. First time she's gone in it! Will see what morning brings.

16. cristina-sorina

cristina-sorina Well-Known Member

May 4, 2018
    Northeast Ohio
    Sounds like she's getting closer!! Mine were scoping out their "delivery suites" just prior to their big day. Hoping to see cute kitten pics soon!!

17. SalteyLove

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Oh Ajira - c'mon already!

18. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    What fun! I can't wait to see them!!!!

19. New-goat-mom

New-goat-mom Well-Known Member

May 21, 2017
    Texas
    Oh my goodness...I just saw this! She's so pretty! I bet the kittens are here by now? I hope mamma had (or has?) a safe, healthy delivery with gorgeous polydacty kittens!