The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fancy was bred in sometime in October and was confirmed pregnant via ultrasound. So she is either so she is approximately 3 months pregnant. She was dried off last month so her udder got smaller than it already was and now her udder is starting to refill and her pooch is getting slightly more puffy. I hope for healthy kids.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Pretty girl! If she was bred in October she'd be 2-2 1/2 months pregnant.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no big dal she hates her back end and under side touched and she does a "dance" so me and my mom always say "Oh Fancy pantsy is doing a dancy" she is just annoying I think she will be a little better this year because this will be her second year milking and we are going to dam raise this year so that might help

·
Super Moderator
14,801 Posts
So is our Saanen.... it seems to run in the breed!
I can't wait to see what her kid(s) are like. :rolleyes:
What?! Now I've only had one but she was the best goat ever! I loved and adored her so much I have never had the heart to get another one, maybe that's a good thing if they are known for being brats lol

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
What?! Now I've only had one but she was the best goat ever! I loved and adored her so much I have never had the heart to get another one, maybe that's a good thing if they are known for being brats lol
Alright, so I know that goats can vary within the breed, but I've read a few things about Saanens having strong personalities and being quite bossy. Ours surely is. :D

Reactions: toth boer goats

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I'd always read that they're super docile, which is past of why they're used in large dairy. But I've never had a Saanen myself ;)
In my experience, they are docile and very friendly. I really like the one we have, she's just extremely bossy and headstrong. My younger sister (who owns her) has a hard time handling her sometimes - we find the Nubians are much more easy going...

Reactions: Suzanne_Tyler
1 - 20 of 393 Posts