The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first kids. I want to be here when she has them but I work a lot, should I be asking for time off soon. As far as I know she was bred end of March through sometime in first 2 weeks of April. Didn't think my young buck did the job until her bag started getting bigger a few days ago.

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
1 week; 2 at most? It is hard to see her udder, but she is huge! She is looking very hollow in her sides and hips. Is she full Nigerian?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure if she's full Nigerian or how old she is. I bought her at an auction in March and she went into heat a few days later. I thought my Pygmy buck was too young to breed her but I guess he did the job. I lost him last month, just woke up one morning and he was dead. He looked healthy as could be too. Should I move the wether that she is penned with out? I thought I was going to lose him to cocci last week but he has come back around.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Do you remember the exact date you got her, or near it? If she was bred in March, then she will be kidding within the week ;)

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
It appears that the kids have dropped, so it should be soon. Look for a thick, opaque white discharge. My does usually kid within roughly 6-8 hours of that appearing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She finally had a little buckling but she still looks huge. It has been 3 hours since she had him but I thought I felt another and she still shows signs of labor but is back to eating hay. Could she still have another at this point?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Yes, but you need to go in and check to see if it's mispresented. She may need help to deliver it. If you can't do it, I would call a vet ASAP.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
That is too long for her to be in labor with no kids. She's so huge, I can't imagine there would've only been one. Was he very big? Is she acting okay? Has she let the baby nurse?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes placenta has passed. Do they share the placenta with multiple kids? I just can't believe she only had one and is still so big. She looks like she has more than one left in there.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Well, if she passed it, then she's probably done. :) He's really cute!
sometimes they'll have one when there's multiples, other times they'll have two- I've never heard of three or more, but I suppose it's possible.
Is she a FF? cause we had a FF once that was HUGE and she only had one; looked just as fat after she was done. :p

·
Registered
163 Posts
Awe he's beautifull I want a black and white one so bad !! Hope all goes well !!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I took another look at her. Now she has stuff hanging out again. Should I go in to help or let her be? She hasn't ever really liked me touching her.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Could be another placenta; I would wait a while and see if she passes it on her own-sometimes it takes a while. Supposedly if the kid nurses it triggers it to release. Of course keep a close eye on her. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts