waiting impatiently!!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by minibarn, Oct 27, 2010.

1. minibarn

minibarn Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    lily is supposed to be due anytime. she's on day 147 for her first breeding but day 142 for her 5-day heat breeding. she's 4 yrs old, had a healthy kidding before we got her and then last summer with us she had a c-section (2 dead kids, long story). so now i'm really nervous but also excited about this kidding! how long do you think she'll make me wait and how many do you think she'll have? she won't let me check her ligs. she's friendly but doesn't like to be touched at all. butt pic was today.

Attached Files:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hmmm....I don't see too much of an udder, I bet she makes you wait til 150 then her udder will fill.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    agree.... :thumb: :greengrin:

pretty Doe... :greengrin:

4. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I agree she's going to make you wait a bit longer :)

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Agreed. Keep us posted on her. I'm already missing newborn kids around...can't wait to see what she has!

6. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    well, i think lily's udder is beginning to fill. it's become more round and heavier looking since yesterday aft. her stomach still hasn't really dropped, no postiness, can't really feel ligs. does the stomach always drop long before birth? today is day 145 for her second breeding. i'll be leaving for part of today, so watch her kid while i'm gone!

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    If her udder is steadily growing then she'll likely make you wait a few days before she shows you those babies...I'm praying that all goes well with this delivery.

8. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    i think she might be in labour! i've been watching her closely since early aft and she's acting unusual, walking stiffly, lying down for short times only, hasn't eaten since morning and her udder is definitely much bigger than before.

9. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    O boy! Sounds like she's getting ready for those babies!

10. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

woohoo! Keep us up-dated!!! I had a doe that had to have a c-section also this past year (no one could get the kid head into position). All ended up just fine for us & the vet said Paige has a high chance of having a normal kidding this next time around.
    Best wishes for an easy delivery & healthy kid(s)!!!

11. minibarn

Jul 20, 2010
    ontario canada
    lily kidded!!! :leap: a single doeling :kidred: i did end up helping her because after pushing 20 min there was still nothing. with a little manipulation of the cervix it really didn't take long. she was in right position. i'm just so pleased we have a healthy mamma & doeling this time! will get pics soon & post in birth anouncements maybe tomorrow.

12. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

Congrats! :stars: Oh, I CAN'T WAIT for ours to kid!

13. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    YAY!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see baby pictures!!! :wahoo:

14. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!!! Glad that all went well....and you have a girl too!

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    A big Congrats.... love to see pics.... :thumb: :greengrin: :thumbup: